Chapter 24

Drip

Gureon's eyelids twitched.

Drip

A formerly warm base where he lays on turned cold.

Drip

The fragrance of his room disappeared and replaced with nothing.

Drip

Lastly, it became quiet. It's like he was living in nothingness.

Drip

His eyes opened at a decent pace as if he already expected what was to come.

He exhaled and bent his upper body upwards. All his eyes feasting on was darkness.

The only thing illuminating the scene was a circular dim light flashed on the spot where he sat.

"This place never changes." He commented.

"It is befitting for a creature of my origin." Replied the other voice who sounded just like him but nowhere to be seen.

"How many years has it been since I last come here?" He asked.

"It was when you lost control, fighting the Demons that killed your grandfather."

"Right. When I was still a child."

"I brought you here before you could kill everyone in your sight and..." The voice chuckled.

"What?"

"Your face when you first met me was hilarious. The human would say 'scared shitless'?"

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, don't know what you're talking about."

Both of them kept quiet for a few seconds before he also chuckled as it gradually turned into a light laugh.

"See? I know you still remember it."

"Whatever." He said and stood up.

"So, how are you doing?" He asked.

"I am you. So, you should already know the answer." Replied the voice with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"Of course. You're my deep consciousness who has gained its own sentient. That's what you told me, anyway." He shrugged.

"Yes, I will experience everything you've gone through. Everything, all the way down to your hidden feelings."

"That is kinda creepy, not gonna lie." He then hugged himself.

"Well, I even feel something which you yourself hasn't realize yet."

If his other voice had a body, you could see him smirking while wiggling his eyebrows that would make people feel curious about the meaning of his words.

"Care to tell me what that is?" He tried his luck though he knows his consciousness probably wouldn't easily tell him.

"I save that for you to discover it on your own because for now, I have something to tell you."

He turned serious because he knows that he would only step foot inside this place only when there was something important happening.

"It's more like a warning, actually. About that girl, Jo Yuri."

"What about her?" He had his full attention.

He could already tell there was something not right with Yuri but he just couldn't put it into words.

What he felt was not only on Yuri but on this whole neighborhood altogether if he dared to say it.

"I'm not sure myself but I can feel something sinister that we've never seen yet is at play here." The voice spoke with concern.