Chapter 15

Eunbi grabbed ahold of his hand. Her touch was comforting as always and it made him forget about the rough tide in his heart.

"I hope nothing will happen but if it does happen, I know you can face it head-on."

"To be honest, I don't really care about myself but what if something happens to you?"

What he said was serious but she chuckled instead. "Yah, you will stay beside me all the time, right?"

He simply nodded.

"Then there's nothing I should worry about." She held his face with both hands.

"While I'm in this condition I leave my safety to you. Can I do that?"

Gureon never knew she was this optimistic but her reaction gave him reassurance so he feels glad he let his worries out to her.

"Of course, I promise." He grabbed her soft hands into his.

"Just so you know, I won't let anyone touch what is mine." One side of his mouth curved up.

She shook his head, smiling playfully. "Not yet." She said as she tapped his nose with her pointer finger.

Gureon's eyes suddenly light up and before he could do something to the woman in front of him right there and then, the door clicked and opened, revealing Hyewon peeking her head inside.

"Ahem!" He cleared his throat.

"Well, that was dangerous. I almost lost myself." He admitted while Eunbi just kept silent, clasping her lips together.

"Are you two done?" Hyewon asked.

"Y-yea, I think?" Eunbi looked up at him.

"Huh? Ah, sure. I feel better now. Thanks to you." He said.

"Alright, let's go. I'm sure both of you also want to get done with this quickly." Before she could grab her sister's wheelchair, Gureon cut her off.

"Do you mind if I bring her there?" He asked Hyewon.

She stepped back. "Sure."

He cleared his throat once again and activated his blank face as they exited the room together.

"Ever thought of becoming an actor?" His sister-in-law asked sarcastically.

"If your sister is okay with me holding another woman then why not." He answered nonchalantly.

"Yah! You two!" The older woman shouted, whipping her head to the back.

"We better shut up." Stated Hyewon.

.
.
.
.
.

The wedding took place in the cathedral which commonly used for receiving a mission to hunt down Demons. It was located far behind the main mansion so it took quite a while to get there. 

Afternoon breezes somehow make the trip felt shorter as the next thing they know, they already arrived in front of the big double door of the cathedral, opening widely welcoming their arrival.

Gureon couldn't deny the little bit of nervousness inside his system but it was hidden well by his acting of stiffness. The only thing that somewhat shown was his excitement.

Hyewon went ahead inside to greet all the not-so-many guests that were present. Her uncle and aunty were also there but the two cousins were nowhere to be seen.

The moment the front wheels of her wheelchair stepped in, someone not much younger than her father greeted her and Gureon.

"Uncle Bishop! You're also here." Eunbi said feeling excited.

"Of course I am! You are like my own daughter." The old man stated and averted his eyes to the man behind her.

"Oh~ Is this him? Let me see. Hmm~" He rubbed his chin while nodding vigorously.

"He has a good build and also a good face so hopefully he also has a good pe-"

*PAP*

He flew straight outside and stopped upon hitting a nearby tree with a loud crash before he could even finish his sentence. His body was moving no more.

The other guests were murmuring, asking what was the loud sound all about while Headmaster Kang retracted his smoking palm behind his back.

'Wow, what a bitch slap.' Gureon thought, feeling quite impressed.

"Ahem! Now, you look so beautiful, my dear." Headmaster Kang's eyes were filled with pride as he looked at his eldest daughter.

"Thank you, dad." She could only say those words but there was a lot of meaning behind it.

"I'm the one who should be thanking you. You're doing this for our household." The look of guilt was still adorning his face even now.

Eunbi laughed as she took her father's hand into her grasp. "That's where you're wrong. I'm doing this for myself."

Headmaster Kang became speechless. He didn't know how to react because her words sounded so sincere like a word from a real angel.

He had no idea what happened between his daughter and Gureon but all he knew was he feels grateful to both of them.

He stepped closer to Gureon, patting his shoulder, and pulled him into a fatherly embrace. After a few minutes of not getting any reaction, he was surprised by a sudden hug from the younger man.

They were stuck like that for a few more seconds before separating themselves. The old man looked at his son-in-law with a prideful look while nodding his head, feeling relief.

"Anyway, you have a special guest today." He turned his attention towards Eunbi and gestured for them to go further inside.

"Special? Who is it?"

"You'll see." Her father laughed.

Gureon just went with the flow and keeps pushing her forward until someone stepped in front of Eunbi's wheelchair. It was a man who looked like the same age as her.

"How are you, Miss Eunbi?" The man smiled and slightly bowed his upper body.

She gasped as if she was looking at something that wasn't supposed to exist. Even Gureon behind her could feel the excitement radiated from her at that time.

"Youngjo? For real? Wah~ This is unbelievable."

Youngjo was her and Hyewon's childhood friend but they rarely saw each other after they finished high school. Each of them became busy with matters of their own respective households.

"So, I take it my surprise is working." The man called Youngjo smiled.

Eunbi giggled heartily. "I'd say it's more than working."

Behind her, Gureon unconsciously clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Tch."

Unfortunately, Headmaster Kang somehow managed to catch it even with his old ears so he looked at the younger man but his face still looked blank as ever.

He observed Gureon for a while before he shrugged it off. 'Maybe I misheard.' He thought.

"I'd love to chat more but today is your happy day so, I won't take much more of your time." He smiled and moved closer to Gureon.

"Congratulations. I wish you guys a happy marriage." He stretched out his hand to him.

"Ah, I'm sorry but-"

Eunbi's words cut short when she saw Gureon shook Youngjo's hand without a second thought.

"Well then, I shall witness your happy moment at the guest seats." He bowed once and walked towards the other guests at the neatly lines up seats across the room.

As for Gureon, he couldn't help but glance back to the entrance one last time, hoping that nothing bad would happen like how he was feeling.

----------

Heyoo, peeps. See ya in 84 years. Thanks for reading and voting. Dream out.