Chapter 24

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I looked at my phone, It was Aunts call. After hanging up I noticed many missed call from Aunt. I sat up and looked around and realized it was not my room. I freshened up, got ready and came downstairs down to eat. After eating a sandwich, I headed straight to Aunts house.

As I entered the house, I saw the police, Shocked and worried, I hastened my footsteps. As I walked through the house, I saw that there was a crowd at aunts room. I rushed there and bumped into a police officer. Who are you? How did you get in? asked the police man, I am Wu Zian and I am the daughter of this family. I replied.

What happened here? I asked the police man. Zian I heard Aunts shaking voice. I looked at her, She was crying. I went to her. Zian we are doomed, Someone stole all our money and Jewellery from the house!! aunt continued. What!! How??!! I said Shocked. Can you ask Zesheng to help us?

I pushed her away, I am leaving, I have other work to do. I said leaving. While I was on my way to the door, Where are you going? Someone asked, I looked from where the voice came from, It was a police officer. Where were you for the past 1 week? He asked again. I am going home and I was on a trip with my husband for 2 weeks. I answered. Since you were out for 2 weeks. I dont think you are related but..dont leave the city or the country until we find the perpetrator.. He said. Okay I left and came back home.

Where did you go leaving me alone? Zesheng asked as soon as I entered. I went to my aunts place. I said annoyed from the earlier event. Is everything alright? he asked, yess, yes. Everything is fine. I replied back. I saw Shadow looking, I nodded. You take rest, I will be back. said Zesheng leaving along with Shadow.

After they left I went to my room to freshen up and came down. Aunt Wei served me lunch. After lunch, I sat on the sofa and switched on the TV and started watching.

4 Hours Later, I was watching the TV, when Zesheng came and went to his room. He came down after few minutes. He looked annoyed. Should I cook something for dinner? I asked, You will? he asked smiling. I will, What do you want to eat? I asked again. For now, I want you to be with me. He said laying his head on my lap and closing eyes.

Later that day, I cooked him dinner. After dinner we slept since we had to go to office the other day.

The Next Day, everything was normal. We went to office as usual. We got more close to each other. In the past 7 month me and Zesheng got close to each other. We had fights, making up and we gained a lot of trust and respect. Time passed by, Its been a month now. Things were getting better and better between me and Zesheng, But never knew that things were actually bad.

After some days, It was a holiday. We were cooking Breakfast together and messing around with each other. Ring Ring Ring. We heard my phone ringing. I cleaned up my hand and checked who was calling. It was Aunt. She spoke while crying,.ZianZianyour uncle and brother She choked and started crying . Aunt what happened. Why are you crying. I asked desperately trying to know what happened. Come home Zian. She said crying. okay, I will come to you. I said.

Me and Zesheng arrived at my Aunts place. I saw police cars and ambulance at the entrance. We went further inside the house. I saw blood and two dead bodies; there faces were recognizable. I screamed and hugged Zesheng and started Crying.even Zesheng seemed shocked; My Cousin and Uncle were