Chapter 14

As I woke up, I found someone was hugging me tightly, his face was covered with the blanket while I was in pajamas. How did I get here. trying to recall, suddenly remembered someone taking advantage of me while I blacked out .which made me think who was it? 'Did I really' I thought "no no no" I added while shaking my head. I slowly removed the blanket and found Zesheng. I let out a sharp sigh, then an idea made me broke into cold sweat that 'what if it was not Zesheng and someone else instead'(gulped). severe headache brought me back to realization that my hand was on my neck. Got up from the bed and went straight to the washroom. After freshing up when I came out I saw Zesheng was gone, he left without a word (feeling somewhat disappointed)

After eating the medicines, I headed towards the café and ordered myself a cup of coffee. By the time I finished eating my breakfast it was 12 at noon. I sat on the bed and started watching some video when I received a notification that showed message from a unknown person that read:

"Don't attend tonight's party."

I broke into cold sweat and could feel my scalp going numb, also felt my energy was draining out of body. In panic I looked around but found no one that made me extremely scared. I closed the curtains and curled up on the bed for an hour, when I heard a knock on my door, which made my heart jump. I calmed down when I realized a similar voice saying "Zian, come let's go to the café together " said Yazhu.

we went to the café though we were talking I still couldn't concentrate on anything because of the message, every two minutes I looked at my phone. And finally out of frustration I finally asked "Jiejie (elder sister) Yazhu, Do we have a party tonight." yazhu replied back " Yes, Don't u know" That answer drained all the color off me as if I have entered black and white world. Yazhu further said " Everyone has to attend the party. Some important guest is coming to the party tonight." after hearing this Yazhu looked at me with a concern face" Zian, are you alright? " asked Yazhu, she added "You look pale, are you not well, should I call brother Zesheng". I managed to bring a smile on my face as I replied her saying "I am fine jiejie(elder sister) Yazhu, no need to call Zesheng".

At the party

Strolling around here and there I heard some ladies talk about Zesheng, which made me realize I haven't seen Zesheng since the time I woke up and he wasn't there in the party. While I was just strolling here and there I realized that someone was following me. I could see her back, She followed me wherever I go, later I ignored her thinking it was my imagination.

I went near the pool for some space, as the banquet was so stuff. Standing quietly near the pool I heard footsteps behind me. I turned and gasped at what I saw. There was a women holding a knife aiming at me. I broke into cold sweat. "Who are you? what do you want? " I asked her." Hahahahah" she laughed at me and said "You don't have to know who I am!?!? and talking about what I want, I want you dead". I asked her again "Why do want to kill me?? I haven't done anything to you." she looked at me with her cold eyes and mockingly said to me "You haven't done anything to me." she laughed and continued" It was because of you my brother died. I will kill you the same way my brother died."

I starting screaming" GUARDS! " the woman advanced towards me and grabbed me tightly putting her knife on my neck. Soon in no time the guards arrived, They were lead by Otis(Old master's secretary). "Let me go or else she will die!!" said the women while slitting my neck a little. I flinched, I felt a sharp pain on my neck. "Okay, don't do anything to lady Zian" Otis said signaling others to put their weapons down. I looked at Otis with pain he looked at me as well and then I stepped hard on her foot. She growled in pain and pushed me, I fell on the ground. By the time the guards and Otis came to help me she had escaped. Otis did the necessary treatment, by the time he finished doing it I heard mom and dad's voice. As soon as I saw mom I hugged her tightly. "Are you okay, Zian?" separating from her I replied "I am fine mom". Seeing me so scared mom and dad looked at each other and then dad asked me " Did you see the face of that women?" It took me a minute to realize that dad had asked me something, I answered him " No I wasn't able to see her face. She was wearing a mask but I know who she is." Both of them exchanged glances again and asked "who?". I told them that my memory is vague and everything started yesterday in the party. They said "It's alright Zian. Lilian, take Zian inside. I will go and check the CCTV footage." I insisted on coming along. We went to check the CCTV footage. We asked the security to play yesterday's party footage. "Zian, do you remember anything? " asked dad. I replied him "I remember there was a situation in the party". "situation? what kind of? Can you tell us when it happened" asked dad. I replied "I don't remember, all I remember is that someone was taking advantage of me, it happened after we mixed up." Dad ordered the person to play the footage from the time when we all mixed up. Soon after playing that everything got cleared about 'what kind of situation was that'. Mom had a satisfied look on her face despite the situation. We saw that was Zesheng hitting a person and soon his secretary came and handled that situation. Dad made a few calls asking for the yesterday's staff list and left the place. Now only me and mom was left in the room with a security guard. Mom wanted to see more and asked that person to play, I didn't argue with mom since I didn't have any memory and I wanted to know what happened. In no time I felt my cheek burning, I felt embarrassed. Seeing me uncomfortable and embarrassed she asked them to show today's incident footage. "Your father will catch that women no matter what" said mom. I smiled at her and said "I know mom and that's the reason I am so relaxed." We left the room and headed towards my room. "Go ahead and sleep, I will be here until you fall asleep" said mom. I looked at her and went straight to the bathroom when I came out of the washroom I went to bed. Lying on my bed it made me think 'Where is Zesheng? I didn't see him all day. I felt a little disappointed since Zesheng was not there for I was expecting that he would run towards me when he would hear of this situation, but sadly it didn't happen anyways why was I even expecting such a thing from a mafia leader' while thinking about today's incident I fell asleep. I didn't know when mom left did Zesheng came back or no.