Chapter 9

Next day

I woke up with a headache and pain all over my body. I went to take bath and was taken aback after seeing so many hickeys all over my body. this bought tears in my eyes. I came out and saw Zesheng coming inside. when he came inside he saw me at the wash basin, when I realized it, I shut the door and locked it.

I heard him taking what he need and left. After sometime. I came outside and saw no one. he wasn't there. I started dressing and after that I applied makeup on my face and my body and sat at the front of the mirror for an hour at end, thinking and regretting at how I wasn't able to get my parents whereabouts when I had the chance to.

Soon I was interrupted by the maid who reminded me " Lady Zian, Everyone is waiting for you at the breakfast." I said to her" I am not hungry , I will rest in my room." with that the maid left and said the same thing downstairs to everyone. After hearing what the maid, Zesheng started eating and left after eating without a word." What's wrong with him?' asked Father. Mei Zhen covered Zesheng by saying " They must have fought." but his mom was suspicious' Something is wrong here.' mother thought.

After few hours, At lunch

everyone were waiting at the table for me when the maid came to me and reminded me and I replied the same as I did at breakfast. she went with the same reply to everyone at the table. they started eating and after eating, they all went and started continuing their work.

Later that day, At evening

Someone knocked at the door, Mei Zhen as she entered the room with a bow of freshly made rice porridge. she saw the mess state of the room and was taken aback . when I noticed someone came in, I got scared and sat on the other side. I thought Zesheng came but when some one spoke with a girl voice said " Zian" when I turned, I saw Mai Zhen standing with a tray. I felt tears colleting at my eyes. I controlled it as we settled at the bed. she apologized to me " I am sorry Zian, I heard your conversation with brother. I didn't meant to. You both fought because of me." I relied to her, trying to comfort her" Mei Zhen, it wasn't because of you." " I am sorry that my brother punished you for my fiancé's mistakes. I knew that brother had a bad temper but I didn't knew that he would do such a terrible thing." said Mei Zhen while taking a look around. She hugged me and apologized " I am very sorry Zian!" " it's okay, Mei" " since you haven't eaten anything since morning. Eat this freshly made rice porridge before It gets cold. You feel good after it. here have it." she said while offering me the porridge. I rejected the porridge and said" Mei, I don't feel like eating." soon after I finished saying. the stomach rumbled " growwwwwl, growwwwl!" there was silence for a little while between us then Mei Zhen broke the silence and said "Your mouth can lie to others but your stomach can't." I started eating the porridge and Mei Zhen was feeling bad at Zian.

Later that day

After eating the porridge, I took some rest and Zesheng didn't come home that night,.