1.3

"SHUCK IT!", Gally shouted over the uproar of the keepers, silencing their never ending questions.

Alby lent against a wooden beam, looking confused to say the least, Newt by his side rubbing his increasingly swelling jaw. "You okay mate?", the leader asked him as the boys quietened.

"Yeah, it's more my pride", Newt groaned, and ran his fingers through his shaggy hair, giving a weak smile to his friend. Alby seeming satisfied that Newt was okay, then turned to the other 9 boys, a seat empty due to Minho running, so then straightened his posture; his demeanour of authority returning to answer their abundant concerns.

"Why did they send a girl up?"

"Why now?"

"What does it mean?"

Question over question.

"Hey, hey, hey, this is new to all of us, so just calm it", Alby began as the quietened again. "Obviously this situation is peculiar", he started but was cut off by Gally.

"Peculiar, they only just sent us a bloody girl?" he huffed and ran his hand over his head, "a viscous one too, I mean I have hauled a lot of your sorry asses into the pit, but never in all my days have a dealt with someone so...wriggly", he grimaced, and cast a quick glance over to Newt who was now tending his wound with a block of ice, provided by Jeff.

"To be honest there doesn't seem to be anything special about her, other than the fact that she's a girl and can throw a powerful right hook", Winston grinned, which resulted in a few chuckles.

"But did you see that limp though?" someone else called,

"She didn't get it from running, she had it before!", another added.

"Newt can have a buddy!"

"That's if he's not too scared to go near her now she's beaten him up!"

"Obviously it seems there might've been a bit of trouble on the creators side", Alby sighed, breaking up their remarks, exchanging a concerned look with Newt; his eyes widening as if to say, was that why it was late do you think?

Newt thought about it for a second before giving him a nod, thinking the theory was plausible.

The keepers chatter seemed to have calmed down now, all of them waiting to here what Alby was to say next.

"So what do we do now?", Zart asked, eager to be in the know.

"I suppose she'll get a hammock and live like the rest of us", he suggested, a few murmurs going round the group.

"You don't think they'll be any problems with that?", Newt then questioned, raising a knowing eyebrow.

"Why would there be?", Alby frowned, but quickly realised what his friend meant.

"Seriously, this place is filled with hormonal teenage boys, and you're suggesting she sleeps with the rest of us?" His second in command queried, still holding the block of quickly melting ice to his head.

"I see your point", Alby frowned, delving into thought again.

"Yeah, some of those bloomin' shanks out there I wouldn't put pass to make a move on the girl", Gally then scoffed, pointing his finger outside the door as he paced ferociously, a chorus echoing the builders point.

"Alright, alright" Alby hushed them, holding his hands up, signally for quiet.

"Here is the plan, Newt and I will go and talk to her, give her the usual tour; meanwhile everyone  get along with their jobs as normal, don't let our new arrival distract back to work as normal. Gally can I trust you and the builders to make her a suitable shelter, seeing as she can't sleep with us lot?", Alby asked and the builder nodded, his arms crossed.