2.3

"Why hello Miss Vera"
Frypan smirked as the girl came skipping up to the kitchens, pushing herself onto a ledge and sitting down as she bit into an apple.

"Hey, hey, hey! No stealing!" the chef scolded as she giggled, narrowly avoiding the spatula he sent her way. She squealed as she rolled off the table, holding her apple high in the air in protest.

"Please old friend, you can't doom me to a life of starvation can you?" she pleaded, putting on puppy eyes as she pouted.

Fry bit his lip, trying his best to resit her but he couldn't. "Oh fine! Take the apple, and whilst you're at it, just take the whole lot!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air in reluctance. Vera beamed, giggling as she placed a kiss on his cheek, "oh thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Fry just huffed, going back to his chopping board, but failing to hide his face turning pink. She laughed as she took another bite of her apple, before pulling out the crate of potatoes.

"Here, it needs this" she grinned, dumping the box of legumes by her friend. He merely raised an eyebrow at her, still chopping away at the carrots.

"The stew's already got potatoes in it" he argued with a laugh, taking the box away from her.

"Yes but we need more! I need more!" she protested, fluttering her eyelashes at him in a hopeful gaze. Fry could only shake his head in amused despair.

"Here let me help, I'm not running today anyway so I found myself without purpose! Alby and Chuck have pretty much made sure the greenie's okay; Newt won't let me come near the gardens; and there's no way I'm gonna help Winston in that ghastly place" she exclaimed, grabbing a knife and pointed it in the direction of the slaughter house, before then hacking at a potato.

Fry's eyes widened at her violence, but chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders. "Fine, fine, do what you want girl, the more the merrier" he sighed, sneakily hip bumping her as they chopped the many vegetables.

Vera giggled as he did, hip bumping him back, to which he resounded with doing it again, slightly harder this time.

It felt good to be back in the kitchens, whenever she had a moment she'd come round to help out, thriving in being back with her old partner.

"Hey, blondie, duck!" a deep voice smirked as Vera did exactly that, as at the exact point a knife flew over her head.

She stared in horror to where the weapon now lay on the grass behind her, her mouth agape and her eyes wide. "How...how did you know I was gonna duck?!" she stuttered as she turned to look at Gally, stunned.

He merely grinned wickedly, stalking over to her as he picked up the knife and twirled it around in his fingers, "I didn't".

Vera gasped at his audacity, Fry howling in the background. Gally then wrapped his arm around her shoulders, rubbing his knuckles into her head, "relax, it was blunt anyway" he assured her, but she was still not happy.

"Oh yeah, that's so much better" she exclaimed, now fighting back as she tackled him round his waist. Gally responded by continuing the wrestling match, Fry cracking up as they play fought.

Unfortunately, despite her efforts, the builder managed to get the better of her by wrapping his arms around her small frame, bundling her to the ground.

"Why you - " she protested as she squirmed, before the both of them collapsed in a fit of laughter. It was no unusual sight to see the two of them wrestling, but Fry quickly snapped at them, a wicked grin on his lips, "alright you two, either help me here, or take your business out of my kitchen!"