1.14

For the rest of the day, Vera began training with Minho, the keeper making her run the glade 6 times over, before finally allowing her a quick rest, only to get back up and do it again.

By the end of it she was exhausted, barely managing to scramble over to Frypan where he gave her a plate of warm bread, stew and cured meat.

"You alright?", he grinned, her aching arms reaching for the delicious feast.

"Physically yes, mentally is debatable", she groaned, finally claiming her reward.

Fry chuckled at her words, his hands busy with dinner as she broke a piece off the bread. "Hey I'm sorry about all this, I know it happened so fast, and I -" she began, but was cut off by the chef.

"Don't even worry about it, Alby and I got it all under control after the meeting, besides, now I can reclaim my title as best chef! What was it I believed you called my stew....pure droplets of gold?", he grinned, rubbing his chin, making her mouth drop open.

"How did you find out about that?!", she gasped, thinking back to her first night in the glade.

"I have my ways", he smirked, tapping his nose, as he continued layering up more boys plates.

Vera wiggled her nose at him with a smile, before slowly and painfully walking over to the fire, his calls of glee echoing behind her, "droplets of gold!"

She chuckled to herself as she lowered herself down, groaning as she felt her muscles ache, her back sliding up against a log.

Finally a few moments rest.

"Why hello there little miss Vera", a familiar teasing voice sounded in her ears, "so lovely to see you at this hour blondie", another smirked as she felt two strong arms wrap around her shoulders, squeezing her body in between two, strongly built boys.

George and Ben, back from the maze, plonked themselves beside her, nibbling at her bit of bread.

"Get your filthy paws of the grub!", she squealed, mouth half full of food.

"And doom two fine young lads to a life of starvation, I think not!", the darker haired of the two gasped, making a dive for another bit, Ben smirking at his friend and partner in crime.

"Oh please, go back to your own food", she groaned, smacking them both on the back of the head with her palm.

"Okay, okay", Ben laughed,

"no need to get your claws out", George added; both of them pulling up their own plates, now eating beside her.

"So how was your day with Minho?", Ben grinned, raising his eyebrows. "It was very productive thank you very much, I'm not sure how you ran today after last night, but I happened to have the aid of Fry's brilliant hangover cure", she smirked, not letting their tricks get to her.

"I see...productive", George teased, making his lips into a pout and blowing kisses.

"Oh shut up", she grinned, playfully punching him the arm. The two boys laughed as they acted out a love scene between her and Minho.

"Oh Minho, you're so strong and handsome, and although I am not religious, I'd get on my knees any day for you", George sang, his voice an octave higher.

"Oh come here you", Ben added, making his voice even lower and gruffer, puffing out his chest too, as the boys leaned across her, pretending to make out.

She rolled her eyes, squealing as they clambered over her, shielding her head from the sight. "You two are ridiculous!", she shrieked, letting a giggle escape her lips.