1.4

The night was young, and the air was cool, lit up in a burst of flames as the boys threw alight sticks into a massive bonfire, blowing up in a variance of ambers and yellows.

"Ah greenie, welcome to the show!", Gally boomed, his arms reached up high, a glass of some sort of strange concoction in his hand.

The girl frowned, she still didn't know what to think of the builder. Newt and Alby had said he was to be trusted and that he was a good guy at heart, though she didn't appreciate how he man-handled her earlier that day, which practically seemed like a lifetime ago.

"To our guest of honour!", Alby cheered beside her and joined Gally in raising a glass, the other boys now following the pattern.

She was greeted by a bunch of bro hugs and ruffles of the hair. To be honest, the girl couldn't help but let out a laugh at their ridiculous banter. She could feel all eyes on her, it must've been unusual to have a girl in their midst, especially one who punched a fellow glader, she should probably apologise for that.

"Let me introduce you to the finest cuisine the glade has to offer, cooked for you by the one and only Frypan", Alby laughed, his arm outstretched, as he led her towards a tall and heavy built, dark looking boy.

"You dinner m'lady", he grinned and bowed to her as he poured a ladle of a delicious looking stew, filled with potatoes and carrots into her bowl.

"Mmmm smells amazing, thank you", she smiled sweetly, wafting the meal in front of her nose.

"Your welcome", he smiled blushingly, his cheeks turning red as she turned to follow Alby through the crowd, feeling all eyes on her, despite the boys trying not to show it.

"So here we have the -" he began again, but paused, when a large ruckus broke out up ahead. The sound of boys resulting to their fists echoing in the night.

Alby sighed as he gritted his teeth, "excuse me", he frowned, quickly hurrying off to deal with the matter, "boys if you're gonna fight, do it in the ring!", he called before leaving the girl alone with her stew; her face illuminated by the dancing sparks of the fire, gulping down the food.

She hadn't realised she was so hungry. 

This place was strange. She had so many questions, and so few answers. Why are they here? Why is she the only girl?

"I believe you need to chew your food first", a familiar sounding boy proclaimed from behind her, and the girl turned with a jump to see the source, her cheeks stuffed with stew.

Newt stood behind her, arms crossed as he smirked.

"Ha ha", she laughed sarcastically as she swallowed her previous mouthful.

The boy with his hands in his pockets, took a few more steps towards her, turning to look at the flames as she did.

"Do you like it?", he then asked, tilting his head in her direction, watching how the embers sparked.

"Oh the food, yeah it's great", she began and shoved another mouthful in with a thumbs up.

"I didn't mean the food greenie", Newt laughed as he shook his head, "I meant the party".

The girls eyes widened and felt her cheeks flush red. Carefully swallowing her food, she covered her mouth with her hand before mumbling, "oh totally...it's amazing", she corrected herself and looked round the swarms of boys laughing and chatting round the campfire, all of which tried their best to hide it, but were still studying her every move.

"I should hope so, you're the guest of honour", he grinned as he now sat down beside her, a log conveniently perched on the floor..

"Guest of honour indeed", she smirked, joining him on the log, with another heaped spoonful of stew, heading for her mouth.