1.13

"Good morning Miss Vera", Frypan grinned as she staggered towards the kitchen area, rubbing her head as she slowly made her way over.

"Morning Fry", she groaned, rubbing her head, dark circles under her eyes and her hair a mess.

He chuckled as she washed her hands under the tap and begrudgingly picked up an egg, cracking it onto the pan, sizzling over the campfire.

"You look like klunk" he chuckled as she whined.

"I feel like it too".

Frypan shook his head with a smile before handing her a glass of a peculiar looking green liquid.

"Here, made this for you this morning after I saw you last night" he grinned, handing the slush over to her.

Vera looked up, her eyes struggling to focus as she examined the green slop.

"What is it?", she grimaced, taking it from Fry and giving it a whiff under he nose, causing her to wrench back at the smell.

"You don't want to know, but trust me it helps in combating Gally's toxic brew", Fry chuffed as she thought about it.

Vera swashed the contents in the glass around, grimacing as she looked at it, which probably wasn't a good idea as she could see lumps.

"Bottoms up then", she groaned, pinching her nose and downing the ghastly drink.

Frypan laughed as she started dry heaving once she finished it, "oh my gosh that was disgusting!" she cried, spitting out what was left in her mouth.

"Yeah, but do you have a headache anymore?", he grinned, holding out his hands in uncertain victory.

Her eyebrows shot up, "no I don't", she beamed, but quickly frowned again, "it's now replaced with this horrible sickening feeling, one more uncomfortable than the first", she groaned, scrunching her nose up at Fry.

"Hey, I performed my magic, don't expect me to get rid of everything", he retaliated, whilst mixing the flatbread mix.

"Besides, that sick feeling will go away soon, and you'll be left feeling like a new person", he continued, as she clutched her stomach, biting her lip as she soldiered on.

Vera went back to cooking, groaning as she did. She managed to spot Gally up ahead struggle to get on with building, also appearing to be rubbing his head, from his headache.

She gave him a pathetic wave as he spotted her, miming being sick which made him laugh. Vera also saw George struggling to walk behind Minho, Toto and Ben, heading into the woods, no doubt off to the map room to quickly do some checks before heading off into the maze.

She decided she'd confront them both later, and scold them for letting her drink so much. Vera let out a small giggle at the thought, then proceeding to get on with breakfast, Frypan instructing her as she did.

Vera could cook, but Fry just had this certain talent for it, so all instructions came from him.

For the rest of the morning, life had continued as usual. She'd said a quick hello and asked if the new greenie was alright, who she now knew to be Harry. He'd simply nodded and stared at her chest with wide eyes. Vera sighed as she left him, stupid pig, she muttered under her breath.

However, the really strange thing was, was that she hadn't seen Newt this morning, then again he was probably busy in the garden, she'd have to go over and check on him later.

She was just walking back from collecting water when all hell broke loose.

"PIG!!!!" Winston, keeper of the slicers shouted, running through the glade after a runaway pig.