2.10

The griever was dead.

Vera couldn't believe. The bloody griever was actually dead.

The three of them stared in shock at the squished metal beast, guts oozing out of the cracks in the wall.

It was silent for many moment till Vera decided to break it.

"You...absolute...SHANK!" she cursed, shoving Thomas back a step.

"Hey, hey, what?" he protested confused.

"Blondie -"

She interrupted them both, "that's for scaring the shit out of me!"

Both of the boys looked at her confused, till she then threw her arms around Thomas, pulling him into a hug.

"That's for bloody saving my life" she gasped, whispering in his ear.

Thomas didn't know what to do at first as the girl latched on to him, but finally settled for wrapping his arms round her too.

Minho watched breathless from the sidelines.

"And you!" she then started, spinning towards the keeper who took a step back and held up his hands.

"Please don't punch me - owwww" he groaned as she kicked him in the shin.

"That's for ditching Thomas!"

She then mimicked her previous actions with the greenie by wrapping Minho into a hug as well.

"That's for coming back" she finished, nestling her head into his neck.

Minho sighed, relaxing in her arms as he held her tightly, closing his eyes as he placed a light kiss on her head.

Once they let go, the three of them looked at each other, a grin creeping onto Vera's lips.

She was the first to giggle, letting out a collection of small laughs. Both Minho and Thomas looked at her in bemused shock.

Vera laughed again, only this time it was louder and more like a witches cackle, a snort even escaping her nose. That sent the boys up into hysterics, and soon all three of them were laughing on the floor.

"Haha, I can't believe we survived that!" she gasped, clutching her side.

"I can't believe you shanks jumped off that wall! Minho added, just in shock that they were all sitting there now.

"Well it was either that or be impaled" Thomas laughed as if it was the funniest thing in the world. Their humour was seriously questionable at this point.

The three of them sat up against the wall, their laughter finally dying down into a calm silence.

All that was heard was the sound of their breathing, none of them sure what to say after that.

They just sat there.

Maybe it had been hours, maybe minutes, but time seemed to get lost in the darkness.

None of them slept of course, but at some point Vera looked over to see Minho with his eyes closed. If he was asleep, who knows, but she defiantly didn't disturb him.

Resting her head back against the cold wall, she thought for a moment.

She did it.

She faced her worst fear and came out the better for it.

She couldn't wait to tell Newt. He would be so proud of her. Now, sitting here with the griever dead behind her, seeing him once again now actually seemed like a possibility.