Chapter 8: Your idea

The next day, when you opened your eyes you saw Tony with his back on you, reading your file. You tried to sit up and let out a gasp on the process which caused Tony to quickly span around.

"Hey kid..." He slowly moved towards you and sat on the end of your bed. "How do you feel?" He was whispering for some reason.

"Why are you whispering?" He laughed and shook his head.

"I'm happy to see you're okay kid."

"You doubted me?" Tony's suddenly darkened. "What is it?"

"I'm sorry kid, this was my f-" you cut him before he could finish his sentence.

"Don't. Tony you can't seriously blame yourself. I just...overdid it." You took a glimpse of the dark corner on the other side of the room and then looked back at Tony. "You know it is possible this might happen again..."

"What do you mean."

"I mean I barely know by powers and none of you can really help me."

"I know, but I think I have a solution." You looked at him in confusion. Could you be thinking the same thing? "I know a wizard, here in New York, that might be able to help you." Obviously not.

"Well sure but...I think I have a better one, which is actually closer..." Tony's smirk quickly faded away as he realised where you were going with this.

"No. No. Forget it kid." He stood up and turned his back in you again.

"Tony you know I am right!" You slowly stood up too, ignoring the pain on your side.

"It is already too much that he is staying here. I am not going to let him train you as well!" He had now turned his back on you again and was screaming.

"And why does it have to be your decision?" You screamed back.

"Because it is! Either you like it or not."

The truth is you didn't like it, but you had never seen Tony this angry. You of course understood his concern but he had no right to act like that. He kept yelling at you and for a split second a picture of your father came across your mind and at that moment Tony was acting exactly like him. You face quickly darkened and your eyes started to water but you managed to hold it back. You quickly got an emotionless expression on your face and looked at Tony with dead in your eyes and he immediately stopped yelling and looked at you in concern.

He tried to speak calmer and find out what had happened. He really seemed worried at that point and it was possible that he had understood that he stepped off the line, but you didn't care anymore. The image of you father was now stuck in your head. You slowly and silently got dressed and got out of the room leaving Tony behind you, calling your name. You walked out of the infirmary and straight to your room avoiding anyone who tried to talk to you.

You got you your room and slam the door behind you. You sat right in front of the window and got your mother's picture in your hands once more. You let out a silent scream and felt an awful pain in your stomach.

You didn't even want to think about Tony being like you father, you knew he wasn't, you would have never followed him otherwise, but that image...It was now well stuck in your head and appeared every time you closed your eyes. It was the worst thing you had ever experienced.

After a few more minutes there was a knock on your door which made you to quickly wipe your tears. You put your mother's picture back on it's place and moved to the door. You opened it only to see Tony standing on the other side and your face quickly turned back to emotionless as the images kept coming back. You turned your back on him and sat again in front of you widow completely ignoring his presence or the extreme pain on your side that became worse with every sudden move of yours.