Chapter 32: The voice in your head

You suddenly heard a voice of a woman speaking very loud and clear near you. You started spinning around in panic, trying to find out who was speaking but no one was around. Your head continued to ache as you span around faster and faster.

"Who is this?" You said in terror.

'You can't even recognise the sound of your own voice?' The woman said again and laughed.

The voice really did sound like yours only with a different tone.

"Who are you?" You asked again hopping for what you feared to not be true.

'I am exactly who you think I am.'

"I don't understand."

'Oh sweetheart of course you don't. Let me guess, this is all too complicated for you and you are going to cry?'

"You're..." You hesitated to speak.

Was it really her?

Was she really the woman Bruce was talking about?

How could you even communicate?

'Don't beat yourself up darling. Of course I am her. I am the one that took over on the Leo Marcus mission.'

"I don't-"

'Of course you don't understand. You're the idiot one after all.'

"Hey! Look I don't care what you want, just leave. Can't you find anyone else to posses?"

'Is this what you think this is?' She said and started laughing.

Her voice was echoing inside your head louder every second, causing you unbearable pain. She obviously knew that but didn't care.

'I am not trying to possess your body. I am trying to take it back!' She demanded.

"What exactly do you want to take back, this is my body!" You objected and she let out a small laugh.

'No it isn't. You just took control when our beloved mother so gracefully locked me behind a door with all my magic.'

"Locked you?"

'Yes you idiot. We have been sharing this body science the day we were born. It was supposed to be just me, you are just a universal mistake.'

"What the hell are you talking about?" You yelled and she laughed.

'Oh right, they still haven't told you the whole story. Well then I'll be back when they do. And that's a promise." She finally whispered and stopped talking.

The pain in your head started going away as well as the echo of her words. You then stood back up and suddenly felt lost. You took a few steps around and felt quite dizzy. You started again looking around, trying to find even a glimpse of her but she was nowhere to be found.

She was really inside your head.

You sat back down on the bench and tried to calm yourself down. You closed your eyes and took a few deep breaths. When the dizziness and the headache went completely away you opened your eyes again and looked around. You had to do something, but had no idea what this was.

Should you tell Loki or Frigga?

Should you keep quiet for the moment?

Was this only going to get worse?

What did she mean by 'the whole story'?

What hadn't you yet learned?

And then you remembered your mother. You remembered seeing her in Limbo after your mission. She was the one to tell you to come to Asgard. She told you to ask Firgga about the stort of Freyja.