Chapter 24: Leo Marcus

The next three hours were easily the longest of your life. You barely had time to look over the file Tony had given you before Pepper and Nat entered your room with a bunch of stuff to get you ready for the party. By now Nat and Pepper had prepared you for countless parties but this time was completely different. The silence that took over the room during that time was echoing in your head along with Tony’s words about the mission.

Pepper kept telling you that you didn’t have to do any of this and that Tony would find another way to solve this but you were convinced to help. This was your first real missions since for ever and you were not going to pass. The mission itself seemed quite easy, the only thing that made you worry was that you would have to hit on a fat, ugly guy for the whole night in front of your boyfriend. You knew very well that Loki was not the calmest person and he definitely would not like that.

About an hour of intense thought from both you and the girls, you were finally ready and thirty minutes away from the party. Once Nat declared that you were ready with a sad and worried face you knew that what you were about to see was not good. You slowly moved in front of the mirror and gasped when you saw your reflection. You were wearing a very revealing and very short long sleeve shirt and an even shorter black skirt. To make things even worse your shoes were a pair of five inch heel boots that went up to your knee.

Loki was definitely not going to be happy about that.

You weren’t happy about that.

“You hate it.” Pepper finally said.

“No, it’s just...not me.”

“If you don’t want to...”

“No I am fine.” You sighed and took one more look before a knock on your door was heard.

You then immediately run to the bathroom and closed the door. You were definitely not ready for people to see you like that. After you shut the door you quickly stuck your ear on it, to figure out who your guest was. A feeling of relieve and anxiety struck you when you recognized Tony’s voice from outside the bathroom, followed by Loki’s comment on your absence. A few minutes and Tony was already knocking on the bathroom door, begging for you to come out. Loki was once again sitting in silence, you still could not hear his thoughts but you somehow knew exactly what he was thinking. He didn’t like the situation, that was clear, but he knew this was what you had to do. It was a mission and you both had to got through with it.

After a few more minutes of both Tony and you trying to convince yourself to get out, you decided to finally leave the bathroom. With a loud sigh and all the courage that you had left, you slowly opened the door and stepped hesitantly out of the bathroom. Tony looked at you up and down and so did Loki who quickly turned his look elsewhere.

“Kid...” Tony started.

“No. It’s fine.” You cut him immediately. “This is a mission and I know what I have to do.”

Tony nodded sadly and you moved next to Loki. He then looked back at you and gave you a sad smile before exiting the room. You really had no words, he had every right to be like this. You were feeling the same, but you both knew it was going to be over very soon. You were counting on that.

Once everything was ready, you and Tony got out of the tower, where a limousine was waiting with Loki already in it.

“We will take the Quinjet so we will probably arrive before you. We will stay hidden and look over the two of you the whole time. Through your earpiece we will able to be in touch with you so please do not take it off!” Tony said once again before letting you get into the car.

“Tony relax! I will be fine okay? I have Loki to protect me. Besides, nothing will go wrong.” You reminded him one more time.

“Okay kid. Thank you.” You didn’t respond to Tony’s last comment. You just gave him a sweet smile before turning around and entering the car.