Chapter 12: The party

A/N: Hey guys, I am updating more regularly these days because I have written A LOT. Anyway I wanted to tell you a huge thank you for the support I know it may not seem like much to many people but I really appreciate it. I really hope you are enjoying my book and the best is now coming...

...

When you were finally ready you got out of the room and walked to the living room where everyone was waiting for you and the girls.

They were all dressed very nice (not as nice as you of course); Tony was wearing a simple suit with no tie and a vest on top, Clint was just wearing a leather jacket and Thor a simple red one. As for Steve he was wearing a simple blue T-Shirt and had convinced Bucky to wear a shirt as well, which was the most amusing thing of the night. Loki was there too, he was wearing just a black jacket and clearly didn't want to be there.

When you walked into the living room everyone stood up and looked at you in amazement. As they came closer to you you caught Loki with corner of your eye looking at you, you smirked.

"Who is she?" Bucky said.

"Very funny Barnes." You laughed.

"You look great kid." Tony said.

"Thanks Tony."

"So, are you ready for the best party of your life?" With these words your eyes opened widely.

"I thought we said nothing big, Tony!"

"Really? I must've forgot."

Before you could protest Tony dragged you into the elevator with the others. You were now all standing in the elevator in complete silence waiting for it to get to the floor where the party was. You looked around and observed everyone's moves when your eyes stumbled on Loki who was looking at you as well (staring would actually be a better word). You locked eyes with him for just a few seconds and then both looked in different ways.

'Wow'

You heard heard him speak, but he didn't say it out loud.

You had just heard one of Loki's thoughts! That was definitely a first. It was actually so loud and clear inside your head. You looked at the floor and smiled, even blushed a little.

The elevator doors opened to reveal a huge crowd cheering at your sight. Your mouth dropped open and for a moment it felt like you had been frozen and would never move again. Nat saw you and grabbed your hand, nodding and giving you a reassuring smile.

You got out of the elevator and not long after that, you found yourself in the bar having a drinking contest with Bucky. With only a few drinks you were already relaxed and ready to party properly. You started running around, dancing and having fun as if you had nothing to care about.

You even met a lot of people too. Random guys would come and talk to you, flirt with you to be exact, but you didn't care. You had decided that this would be your night; the one night you wouldn't have to worry about anything or anyone, the one night that you were going to have the time of your life.

The dancing and drinking continued for about an hour up to the point where you were not too drunk but too tired to continue. You walked to the corner of the place, where a few tables had been set and searched for an empty one. To your surprise they were all taken and the only familiar face around was Loki who was sitting on the most isolated table of all and had a small glass in his hand. You decided to go and sit with him. He looked at you in confusion and then nodded.

"Hey." He said loudly trying to make himself heard through the even louder music.

"Why are you sitting alone?" You asked him.