Chapter 33: Training with Frigga

The next morning you woke up burried in Loki's arms with him staring at you with a sweet smile on his face. At some point last night you had fallen asleep and Loki of course would not miss the chance to stare at you sleep peacefully for the whole night. 

"Good morning, darling." Loki said.

"Hi..." You said with a sweet smile, gazing into his deep, forest green eyes.

After that silence took over the room again. Just by looking into each other's eyes you decided that it was not yet time to get out of bed. You snuggled back into Loki's arms and sighed in happiness. That was your favorite feeling in the whole world; being with Loki in a room full of silence. This was the feeling that you knew you never wanted to loose.

Sadly an unexpected knock on the door would disrupt your relaxation. You immediately sat up on the bed while Loki barely flinched. After you answered the door two maids of the palace entered, holding one disc each with a variety on food on them. After them came a male maid holding a cart with a few towels on it. He quickly left those on a chair next to your bed and then got behind the maids, who had already made their way in front of you.

It didn't take you long to recognised the youngest of the two maids to be Lorein, the sweet girl who helped you get ready last time you were on Asgard.

"Good morning lady y/n." She smiled at you.

"Good morning Lorein. How are you?" You smiled back at her and stood up. 

Lorein seemed quite surprised with what you said which very much confused you. You then turned to Loki who was now sitting up on the bed, looking equally surprised with Lorein. You turned back to the maids, they were all looking at you as if you had said the most wrong thing in the world.

"Did I get it wrong?" You finally asked. 

"Excuse me?" Lorein asked still in confusion.

"Did I get your name wrong? I swear I was sure it was Lorein. I am incredibly sorry." 

She then immediately turned her look on the floor as she left the plate with the food on the cart. The other maid was looking at you as if you had suddenly grew a beard and the male just stood still and exchanged a few weird looks with her.

You were looking at all of them, trying to figure out what was going on while Loki had clearly done so, science he was now next to you, trying to hold back his laugh. You had never felt so embarrassed in your life.

"Enjoy your breakfast." Lorein said shyly as soon as they were done, with her look still stuck on the floor.

Once everyone was out of your room and the door was closed behind them, Loki started laughing and you looked at him in both confusion and annoyance. You tried to figure out what had just happened but could not explain this kind of weird behavior.

Was it some kind of Asgardian thing that you just didn't know of?

What exactly was it that you did wrong?

"Okay are you going to tell me what just happened?" You said as Loki continued laughing.

"I'm sorry darling. The thing is that maids here are not quite used to be called by their names." He finally said.

"So how do you address them?"

"We don't. Most of the times we don't even interact with them."

"That's just...absurd!" You raised your voice and Loki started laughing again. "Why are you mocking me?"

"I am not!" He said through his laughter.

"Then why are you laughing?"

"Because you're exquisite, my dear." Loki stopped laughing and looked into your eyes as he came closer.