Chapter 10: You say the truth

A few weeks passed by and you were now growing stronger by the day. Training with Nat was going steady and she said you were doing really good but training with Loki was going great! He was right when he told you that you could barely use your powers before, with just a little of his help you could now control yourself so much better. You had even started to figure out more of your abilities; you could now move with with your mind as well. Of course not that great yet, it had only been a week since you did it for the first time but it still was very exciting.

As for Loki he kept bringing weird old books for you to read, most of them were talking about ancient Asgardian magic and witches. He had figured that your powers were quite similar to that, not to what you could do but to how similar your energies were. You spent countless hours listening to Loki talking about magic and energies, it felt that you were an expert but now. In addition to all that you and the God of Mischief had come quite close, you were actually considered friends. You spent quite some time together, talking about all kinds of stuff and you mostly spend your time in the library. You had fun with him and soon you started talking to each other more open outside the training room and the others had obviously started to notice.

Once they even gave you an intervention to warn you about him but you explained he was a good guy. They all seemed sceptical except of course from Thor, he was the only one who really saw the good in his brother. Tony on the other hand was a little suspicious that maybe you had indeed disobeyed him and you were anyway training with him but you assured him this was not the case. You knew that one day you would have to tell him the truth and that maybe you were making it worse by delaying it but you didn't want to risk him getting angry and really forbidding you from training this time. You had managed to convince him that you were training by yourself in your free time and was starting to evolve and he actually seemed to be convinced, at first. The fact that you were always tired was still visible, regardless the efforts you made to hide it, and this definitely didn't seem right to Tony. He started watching both you and Loki very closely and you knew that the time to tell him was closer than you had thought.

So one day while everyone was in the living room, watching TV you found your chance to go and talk to Tony who was currently in his lab. You gave a look at Loki and he nodded at you headed to Tony's lab.

"Hey." You said with a low voice as you entered and gave Tony a small nervous smile.

"Hey kid. Come on in." He was wearing a weird looking pair of glasses and was working on something but immediately let it down when you entered. You sat on a chair and Tony sat right opposite from you looking into your eyes.

"So, what's up?" He asked you.

"Well I wanted to tell you something...You probably already know and...well I don't want you to get mad and-"

"You've been training with Reindeer Games." He cut you and you looked at him surprised by the clam of his voice.

"Wha-?"

"I've know for a while kid. Everyone has."

"How?"

"JARVIS"

"And you are not mad?" Tony laughed which concerned you for a second. Was he okay?

"No I actually admire your stubbornness and determination. You reminded me of myself. And we also placed bets on how long you would keep this going."

You looked at him in confusion. Not only he wasn't mad but he also made fun of it? That was definitely not the Tony you knew. Had they done something to him?

"But why aren't you mad?" Tony stood up and started walking around the room.

"I was, at first. But then Peper told me to wait and she was right, of course. You kept getting better and better in controlling your powers and you also looked happier with it. And Thor thought you could do some good to him."