Chapter 17: The guest of honour

A/N: We just reached 2k reads in this story!! This is so crazy I never thought this day would come so fast. Thank you so much for the love you give to this story and for the support you give me. You guys are great😍

...

“Y/n.”

You heard a voice deep very far away from you. You tried to open your eyes but failed dramatically.

“Gods, y/n wake up!”

Someone had suddenly withdrawn the blanket off you. You opened your eyes only to see Loki standing above you, looking at you with quite a mad face.

“What?” You sat up and looked at him.

“The dinner starts in an hour.”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea Loki. I don’t feel- “

“You’re fine, and you promised my mother you’d be there.”

“That was before.”

“Before?”

“Before I fell asleep.”

“Y/n.” Loki was looking at you with an intense and persuasive look.

“Fine.” You rolled your eyes and fell back on bed.

“Great. A few maids will be here any second to help you get ready.”

“You guys have maids?” You laughed.

“What part of Odin being the king thus me and Thor being princes didn’t you understand?”

Before you could say anything, about four women entered the room, holding some dresses, shoes and other stuff for you to get ready. You looked at Loki with a disturbed look and he laughed. He got out of the room quickly as you got out of your bed and on your feet facing the maids with an awkward smile.

They all started walking around the room, placing stuff here and there and talking to each other, preparing everything. You were just standing in the middle of the room looking confused and dizzy, trying to figure out your place in the room. Suddenly the youngest one came up to you and gave you a sweet smile.

“Are you okay, lady?” She asked you.

“Um, yeah I’m fine, but please don’t call me lady, y/n is fine. What’s your name?” You asked her.

“Lorien.” She replied shyly.

“I like it.”

You smiled awkwardly and just stood there for a few seconds. You took one more look around and then turned back to Lorien again.

“So...” You started.

“We have brought a few dresses for you to choose and also shoes and we are going to do your hair and makeup in no time.”

“You really have everything planned, don’t you?”

Lorien laughed and the rest of the girls came to you. They started talking to you, asking you how you wanted your hair and makeup and what colours you liked for your dress. Of course, since this was not your area of expertise you told them to do whatever they thought looked good. The maids started getting you ready, presenting you different dresses and shoes. You honestly loved them all, thankfully all the ladies were extremely nice with you and made the process so much less stressful.

Also, in Asgard people didn’t have clocks, they looked at the sun and immediately knew what time it was. That you found very fascinating. You were quite nervous that you were going to be late, so you kept asking how much time you had left. You were so worried of what Odin and Frigga might think if you were late. Of course, you didn’t want to say anything to the girls, they were doing an excellent job and you didn’t want to make them nervous as well, so you decided to trust them. After a while they were finally done and apparently you still had ten minutes before dinner.