Chapter 7

Dream and Sapnap sat on one of the many benches by the water fountain at the park central. Both glancing over at 404 from time to time. The warm morning air would blow, making the sitting rather relaxing as they watched people walk by, getting on with their day.

"I still don't understand why your playing the waiting game Dream. He is RIGHT THERE- just lead him out and done."

Sapnap complained. He was forced to wake up and go with Dream. He much preferred sleeping till the afternoon on a weekend. It was a lot better than watching some dude sit under a tree, typing away on his laptop.

"You know I can't do that. This is like chess, you need to wait for an advantage. We can't just take him, we need to plan this out. Seeing his daily schedule might be the best thing to go. And we don't know if he is being watched or protected right now either. He could even know about us"

Dream liked to play the waiting game, it allowed him to see his opponents weakness. Made the aftermath a lot more interesting.

Sapnap rolled his eyes "yeah right, as if a hacker which is sitting in broad daylight will have some buff security guards."

He looked over at the male sat under the tree "I don't think it will be so easy though. It's 404 after all."

Sapnap shrugged as he continued to look at the other male. They were typing away on their laptop, clearly not paying much attention to his surroundings. It still surprised Dream how that guy was the guy that bumped into him yesterday. The same guy that was able to get past an advanced security system so easily without leaving a trace. There was just something about him what made Dream curious.

"Don't complain Sap, at least you get to have some time out in the sun."

Dream was wearing above knee high army green shorts and a cream button up. His hair sat messily on his head. His face was visible, obviously not wearing his work mask in public where it would just make him stand out.

Sapnap on the other hand was wearing black above knee shorts, a red fire design button up that was left unbuttoned as he leaned back. He still wore his bandana, adjusting it before looking at George.

It was a calm day, nothing much was actually happening. Just a nice warm summer morning at the park. Dream wondered why 404 had picked this location to do whatever he was doing. It was nice but people were definitely present here all the time. There was no way he would have predicted that people would be after him. Or maybe he did know and that's why he decided to be in a busy location where people would be everywhere.

That dream wouldn't be able to know.

Dream and Sapnap sat there in silence, Dream concentrated on 404 while Sapnap laid back with his eyes closed, enjoying the suns heat.

"WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE! IT WAS ALWAYS BURNING SINCE THE WORLD WAS TURNING!" Yelled a brunette kid as he ran past Dream, Sapnap opening his eye for a moment before closing it again.

"SHUT UP TUBBO AND RUN! WE HAVE NO TIME FOR STUPID SONGS!" Yelled another kid, this time blonde. He was much taller than the previous one, wearing a read and white shirt, a minecraft sword in his hand. Right behind the kid was another brunette, once again taller than the one before. He wore a black and white mask, his fluffy hair bouncing up and down as he ran with the two laughing.

Dream smiled to himself as he watched them run before focusing again on 404. They didn't seem bothered by the sudden yelling whatsoever. Dream wanted to know so bad what he was up to, what he was looking at. He couldn't exactly just walk up to him and ask though.

Sapnap sighed as he got up, stretching before looking at Dream.

"I'll go get us some boba while we wait. This guy doesn't seem like he will be moving any time soon."

Dream nodded in approval, watching as Sapnap casually walked along the path and soon out of sight. His gaze returned to 404 which had now stopped typing and was resting his head against the tree.

The sun was reflecting off his skin, making his skin and hair shine. He really looked like any other person, you would have never guessed what he actually did as a job. He also seemed so... calm, so... beautiful.

The male opened their eyes, looking around. They clearly didn't recognise Dream whatsoever, not seeming startled when their eyes locked with Dreams for a moment. It wasn't long but it was long enough for Dream to capture the others facial features.

404 had dark brown hair, about the same shade as his eyes. His skin was light, clearly not getting enough time to nicely tan. They lived in an awfully sunny area so seeing a non tanned person was definitely a surprise. Dream was definitely a lot more tanned than him.

He broke eye contact, looking back at his screen and continuing with whatever he was doing. That was great, he had no clue what was going on.

Sapnap soon returned with two boba drink, sitting back down and passing one to Dream. The straw was already in it.

Dream compared the two drink for a brief moment, his brows furrowing as he watched his friend drink his drink with a smug look on his face.

"Why does mine have less than yours-?"
Dream asked, eying Sapnap and his drink.

"I had to do a taste drink to know which one was better, duh." Sapnap replies, a little giggle leaving his lips before drinking his own drink.

Dream rolled his eyes, a wide smile on his face. Of course Sapnap would do something like that. At least he wouldn't be bored while observing his target.

————————————————————————
•Ellohhhhh, I've decided to try make slightly longer chapters to add more detail and events. I'm still getting used to it but I'll try my best
•Dnf crumbs ;)
•thank you for reading 'into you'!