Chapter 28

George shot up, eyes wide as he frantically spun his head round to see where he was, making sure that the events he had just lived through were nothing more than just a bad dream.

After his eyes adjusted to the very dim room, he noticed that once again, he was nowhere that he recognised. The room that he was in was a medium and empty room, the only thing keeping the place lit being the few candles that were slowly melting away next to him. The wax was really melted. He must have been here for a while now.

The room itself was clustered, the previous owners leaving it behind, yet another abandoned building on the outskirts of the town. It must have been some sort of office, a long old, cracked and broken table standing in the middle, multiple chairs around the room that were probably once set around the table for some sort of meetings. The rubble was cleared around him however the rest of the room was a mess, dirty glass windows that looked out into the dark morning sky. It was surprisingly warm for an abandoned building.

As he finally decided to take a look around, an arm that was hooked around his hip stopped him, pulling him closer towards the source.

"Shhhh... I'm here... your alright..."

George turned around to see an asleep Dream, his hair ruffled and expression sour as he held onto him, trying to comfort George for unknown reasons.

It was cute.

"I'm... alright." He responded, figuring that it was enough for the other to relax, however that wasn't the case, as the male pulled him closer causing George to fall back down but this time facing the blonde whose eyes were still closed.

His face seemed slightly dusty, George delicately rubbing it off to reveal the splattered freckles that lay beneath. Dream slowly opened his eyes at the gesture, looking directly at the brunette. His expression relaxed when he saw that the other was safe and well.

"Care to explain all of this...?" George asked in a whisper, pointing towards Dreams arm around his hip that wasn't loosening whatsoever.

"You were having nightmares..." he began, his voice sounding slurred judging by the fact that he had just woken up "you kept calling out for me, you were crying George."

"I was...?"

He nodded "You were moving so much, you seemed so scared, yet when I lay down with you, you calmed down" 

George nodded in response before looking back around the room "where are we though..." he asked, trying to move on from the topic smoothly before his cheeks became more red from the event.

"An old business apartment. Schlatt won't find us here, though we can't stay here forever." He seemed more awake now, his analytical speaking being more heard.

Georges eyes shot back at Dreams. Schlatt? Hiding? Why were they hiding?

Had Dream ran away with him...?

No-

"Wait what- Schlatt? What about Sapnap!?" He began to get up, feeling his arm wobble slightly before Dream pulled him back by his side.

"You stay laying, I don't know what that fucker Sam put into you... it's better to wait for it to completely wear off." There was concern in Dreams eyes. George couldn't deny how happy he was to be able to see the others green eyes again, they brought so much sudden comfort to him.

"Who...?"

"After the meeting we had with Schlatt, he decided to contact his old friend. That's one of the reasons he needed the usb. Sam had cut ties ages back then but Schlatt still found him... He is cruel, completely heartless. Shlatt had sent me to him once when I was younger because I disobeyed him. That man has no mercy when it comes to his job..." George could feel Dreams heart beat, his chest going up and down as he spoke "he sent you to him. God, Sapnap had warned me and I didn't listen... if I had listened and gotten out when he told me, you wouldn't have been hurt- I should have just listened to him- I'm so sorry George I really am- I-"