Chapter 12

"That was too dangerous! What were you thinking!? You should have aborted the mission the second it seemed off."

Phil wasn't too happy about the mission, nor were the others. It's not like it had gone terribly south, however many were not happy with how badly things could have ended if they were unlucky.

A few were even surprised George  made it out alive.

"The mics cut out! That isn't my fault!"

George sat in the seat by the long discussion table, looking at the people arguing. Although nothing bad happened to him and he managed to get away, it allowed the others to realise just how badly the others want to get rid of George. They didn't know wether it was to kill him or to kidnap him but they didn't want to take the chances to find out. It was dangerous to let Manberg lay their hands on anything, especially anything living.

George himself didn't know how to feel about the fact that he was so close to death. He was lucky to know that the cocktail had poison but god knows what was in that arrow. Another type of poison? Sleeping drugs possibly? From what he saw that night, there were at least three men there; the man at the bar, the one wearing a bandana in the emergency exit and the masked man he saw at the manberg base. He knew that the masked male was an extremely talented fighter, meaning the other two must have been at least more than decent.

They really were going full out to get George.

"He got out alive! That's all that matters, we won't take the chances again." Wilbur explained as he inched closer to Phil "We all knew this was dangerous and what happened, happened. We can't go back and fix it, we just have to learn from it. We all know that they have all sorts of things up their sleeve, we can't do much about that!"

Phil sighed as he turned around "yes, but what if something DID in fact happen to George? We learnt nothing from that mission and just put George in danger. We had a plan and we're too confident that things would go our way when in reality we only had a slight chance of happening with how preppy the other lot were."

"Alright, alright, that's enough." Techno interrupted, pushing Wilbur back before he could talk back "At least now we know that they are focused on George for some reason. This means not all of us are in danger. Let's focus on what to do next instead of what happened. We have to be a few steps ahead of them at all times."

Karl was swinging on the chair opposite George as he spoke up "well why would George be their target? Because he can do something they need. It would make sense at least. Just use him for whatever they need since they don't have a person like George on their side." George looked at Karl which smiled back at him. Even in a tight situation like this he was able to calm him down.

Phil fell silent for a moment before turning to George "which means we also have to have our eyes on George. As long as he is in the base he is safe."

"I can manage" George finally muttered as he looked at them. He didn't want to rely on the others, be looked down upon. Babied. He was equal to them, they were all a team so why was he suddenly going to have to back down just because the other mafia has an eye for him. He would be able to defend himself, Nikki and Wilbur would help him know some basics. He didn't leave often either ways but the feeling of having all freedom revoked because of a stupid mafia who seemed obsessed with him, made him rather annoyed.

"No George, you will remain here until we figure something out. We can't risk loosing you and that isn't a joke. It's an order." Phil had a rather stern face, it made George not want to answer back. It was better if he just bit his tongue for this one.

"What are we going to do then? Just sit around and wait? We don't have time for that Phil" Wilbur stopped the sudden silence, Phil having his full attention back on him. "We all know damn well that they won't care and if we just sit around them more shit is going to happen."

George got up. He wasn't going to have them discuss this in front of him. Wasn't going to let them talk about him right in front of him as if he didn't exist. What was the point. Phil wouldn't change his mind and in the end he would still be stuck here.

He never knew how much he really cared for his freedom, a person like him who spent most days inside wouldn't probably mind having to stay inside until things settled down. Yet George couldn't help but feel excluded because of that. They were going to risk their lives just for him to be safe instead of letting him fight his own fights and stand up for himself.

"George..." Nikki mumbled as George slammed the door shut behind him, maybe just a little too hard. He didn't care right now. He just wanted to get out. Be left alone.

George walked down the dull hallway, looking through the windows that he passed into the side streets of the city. The other mafia didn't know where they were, if they planned well enough then surely they would be able to defend themselves.

He was soon greeted to familiar walls of his room, his PC sitting on his desk untouched since the late night minecraft gaming. George sat on his bed, leaning back until his head touched the wall. Staring into nothing. Lost in thoughts.

He hadn't even noticed that Karl had walked in and sat next to him. It was quiet for the longest time until Karl crossed his legs saying "it's a little stressful now isn't it?"

"Just a little"

"You'll be alright. George not found would have slept through the manberg war easily."

George smiled "no he wouldn't, he wouldn't want to be excluded, just like me."

"But he isn't you silly", Karl said, a giggle leaving his mouth right after. "But seriously man, you'll be alright. You've got me. The others are just a little tense after the mission, they'll get over it soon."

"Thanks.." George mumbled as he looked at Karl. Karl just sat there beaming. He really was a good friend... even when things were weird he wanted to make George smile. He had always been like that, even at the beginning when they had first met a few years back.

"How about I tell you my newest tales from the smp? It's still a work in process though."

George raised a brow "oh? What happens in this one."

Karl shifted so that his body would be sitting more facing George "In this story, I time travel to a haunted mansion where I meet a group of friends; Joey, Greg, Zackary and Ash which are identical twins, Francis, Rash, Porkums, Connor, Gump and a ghost which owns the property named Glatt."

George listened carefully, looking at the exited Karl that sat in front of him vigorously moving his arms as he started to explain the events of the story.

————————————————————————
•we love adding references :]
•thank you for reading 'into you'!