Chapter 29

The two sat in the large room that George knew as the lounge room. Dream had a wet towel over his eyes, his head leaning back as he calmly took deep breaths in and out, trying not to focus on the constant stinging. His arm was held out to one side, George placing his on top to remind him that everything was alright.

They sat in silence, a comfortable silence.

They had arrived not so long ago, immediately getting help and washing the pepper spray out of the blondes eyes. It wasn't a pretty sight, hearing the small grunts every time water touched his eyes. He seemed to be doing much better now, even being able to sit calmly without fidgeting too much because of the pain.

The whole washing out situation had made him completely ignore that he was back home, back where he used to feel safe and loved. Nothing had changed, every wall and carpet in place, the small cracks in the walls reminding him of the days where he would just walk and count them, waiting for the others to get back from yet another successful mission. It may be classified as lame, but he could remember how time consuming it was. It made time for by a lot faster.

Karl had began apologising on the way back, explaining how he thought the blonde was a threat, not knowing that he had actually just helped George escape and was protecting him. You could see how his brows furrowed whenever he apologised, genuinely meaning every word he said. George knew that Karl didn't mean it, he didn't know any better. And it's not like George had been any better, leaving him behind all of a sudden. Leaving them all behind all of a sudden.

He was still expecting a consequence because of that.

The two sat alone in a comfortable silence, that silence soon being broken as the door swung open, a pink haired female entering, her eyes angry yet filled with tears.

George got up as he saw her storm towards him.

"I thought you were dead! Why did you leave!" She exclaimed, stopping in front of him as she looked up at him. He knew it was his fault, he hadn't considered originally how much pain he would bring. He had been stupid then, thinking that nothing bad would happen to him and that they were over exaggerating.

Yet over a month had passed.

A tear fell down Nikkis face as she brought George into a hug, George was surprised as he slowly wrapped his arms round her. The warmth of the pink haired female brought comfort to him, reminded him of home.

"We missed you George ... we all thought you were dead..." she mumbled as she hugged him, the two soon separating as George looked down in guilt.

"I'm so sorry.. it's all my fault. I was just angry and hated being useless to you guys. I should have just listened to Phil, none of this would have happened if I did." He truly felt terrible, his stupid stubbornness causing so much pain and sorrow.

Nikki smiled weakly, she couldn't stay mad at George. He was a part of the family, everyone made mistakes but they stuck together. That's what made them as strong as they were.

She looked over at Dream who was now sitting up right, looking in their direction. He was holding the cold piece of cloth against his eyes yet still listening to what was going on. Nikki walked over to him, stoping in front as he remained silent.

"Thank you." Dream looked up in surprise, lifting the towel slightly to see her "thank you for bringing George back." She gave him comforting smile, Dream remaining speechless. He simply nodded back.

Heavy boots could be heard in the corridor, Wilbur suddenly bursting into the room and freezing as he saw George, his arms dropping to either side of him as the two stared at each other.