Chapter 10

That night George lay still in his bed, looking up at his ceiling. Phil had called in the others earlier to discuss a plan of action. It really all felt pointless to him, it's not like it really effected him in any way. Majority of the time he was just at base, coding away for whatever reason or playing video games. He had a roof above his head and food on the table.

He was safe.

Not to mention that there was almost no information about him on the black market. No one knew that his name was George Henry Davidson, he was known as 404. No body knew that he looked like either, all they knew was his trade mark; clout goggles.

George really wished he was able to tell the others more, more information about who could be following him. He wanted to be of some use, not the one causing the issues. It had only been one time though, wasn't a whole plan taking it a little too far? They couldn't even be 100% sure that he was actually being hunted, it was only a possibility. Maybe he was just unlucky that time in the alley way and he caught someone's eye, annoying them for simply existing. It happened. But if he really wasn't being hunted then what was the whole alleyway thing about? It just couldn't let George's mind be at peace.

George figured that maybe there was someone at the park? Someone watching him? How else would someone know that he goes down that alleyway. But he couldn't really lay his finger on a specific person. Many people walked by, sat down at the near by benches and talked or relaxed. No one caught his attention at all. No one came up to him or circled him as he looked through the files. No one looked suspicious or didn't fit in. There was no one that he recognised on the bus he took, there was no one he saw in the alleyway. Just how good were these people-

Or maybe it wasn't just one person, maybe it was a whole group. That would explain how no one looked familiar. They would be scattered across his rout home and the location he was at and would tell each other his every move. That's not possible though is it? They still wouldn't have known what buss he was going to take. He knew this since no one got on the bus after or with him.

George couldn't think straight. Though he didn't want to seem worried, he definitely didn't like how all the attention was suddenly on him. He liked being in the shadows, never having much attention on him. Just being the mysterious hacker known as 404, error not found. But now that he knew that Manberg was planning something big, he couldn't help but worry. All those dark stories he had heard floating around about people that got taken by that organisation... it was far from pleasant.

He turned to his side facing the door, no light shining through the small gap at the bottom. Everyone was asleep. He looked at his alarm clock.

4:23 am

Yeah, everyone was definitely asleep. The night workers were awake but it's not like George spoke much too them. The night was cold, silent, a few cars being heard in the far distance. Nights like these were nights that George liked most. Almost lifeless, allowing him to feel alone and at peace.

After a while he swung his legs off the bed and walked over his desk, turning on his pc and hearing it roar to life, his monitor almost immediately lighting up. He had to get his mind off it somehow, he wouldn't get a blink of sleep if he didn't. He had already thought enough about it and couldn't do anything else, no matter how much he wish he could.

He quickly loaded minecraft up, watching the red Mojang screen as it loaded before going into a server. Maybe playing some bedwars would get his mind off it. It was always a fun game, some rounds lasting longer than others depending on what players he went against.

He decided that playing a few mini games would be fun, seeing the same people every round. Always the same users; Tubbo_, TommyInnit and Ranboo. They would circle each other and even though they were on the same team, one would constantly run out and get killed or get the others killed. George wondered why the other two still wanted to be in the same team but George didn't mind, after all it wasn't his loss.

He played for a while, winning the occasional game and quietly cheering to himself. He was covering his bed when a player suddenly started attacking him, throwing him off the platform. George was shocked, confused at how that player got to his little floating island so fast. The game had just barley started. As he respawn he saw the player break his bed, seeing him and running to attack. It didn't take long before George was dead.

GeorgeNotFound was knocked into the void by Purpled.

George sighed as he flew around, this guy was good. He was just going from island to island, bridging easily and destroying the beds with ease and the players started to attack him but to no avail. He sighed as he switched his Pc off, deciding that was enough minecraft for now and that he needed some sleep. He would crawl back into bed soon drifting off to sleep.

————————————————————————
•more references hehe
•also, no update next week since I want to take a week making more chapters, editing them and coming up with ideas for this fic so I hope you guys understand. It will continue as per usual on Fridays after that I promise :)
•instead of a update, I'll show you guys a little sneak peak of a future fic idea I've had for a while! So I hope that will make up for the lack of update next week
•Thank you for reading "into you"!