Chapter 19

"Your saying what now?" Schlatt half lay in his chair, his legs spread wide and a dark green bottle in his hand, more bottles by his feet.

"I'm asking if I could get 404 into the training rooms, it could really benefit us if we teach him a few things here and there."

The man took a sip from the bottle, licking his lips as he thought. Dream stood there in silence, just a meter or so away, staring at his boss in front of him. His assistant Quackity standing behind him.

He had asked sapnap what he thought about the idea, and although he had first been cautious and teased Dream for the idea, he ended up agreeing that it was a good call. Sapnap had joked that he finally wanted to talk to the ever so famous hacker that softened his heart but Dream had just rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Explain your point... how would it benefit us."

"Well..." Dream began, getting all of his thoughts in order "he clearly doesn't want to tell us anything so I thought we could use him in other ways, like in missions. It would still be a threat to the other mafia yet it would benefit us. It could maybe even get Phil to give in and tell you what you need in order to get 404 back."

Schlatt visibly liked the idea, rocking slightly in his office chair as he smirked to himself "I like your thinking Dream..."

"And what if he tries to escape" Quackity questioned, leaning against the wall behind Schlatt which was just stupidly smirking to himself, still thinking about what Dream had just said.

Dream couldn't admit that he didn't like the duo. Schlatt was almost constantly drunk, the alcohol reeking off him constantly. He didn't know how Quackity put up with it. Schlatt didn't treat the other well either. It really confused Dream but he was in no place to judge. He just had to look after his own ass, a possible addition to that being Sapnap's cocky ass.

Schlatt started to giggle to himself as his raven haired companion challenged Dream with the question.

God, what was so funny-

"Uh... he is threatened enough by us, he knows that a punishment will be painful if he misbehaves. I would also keep a good eye on him so he wouldn't have a chance to escape. It's better than you slowly killing him. This way, he would either die during a mission or if he tried to escape but either ways he would have some sort of use to us." That was a strong point right? He had revised it so many times before entering the large crimson walled office yet right now all his points seemed jumbled up.

Why was he so keen on helping the other anyways?

He was really loosing himself wasn't he.

His boss clearly seemed to be in deep though, taking a sip of his drink once again while scratching is neatly kept brown beard. "Learning would also benefit him though... he could use that. And we have plenty skilful fighters."

He had thought of that too. What if the other already do had a plan to escape, was just using him and he was falling right into the trap. But 404 had also become more confident...

"That is true... however he already knows basics so it would benefit him if we went on missions, it could possibly save one of our mens life it things go south during a mission. A life of an enemy in order to save our own. I also think he would be a great distraction."

"Distraction?" Quackity questioned, looking at Dream with a small grin. Dream knew exactly what that meant. "Why do you think that?"

"If we need him, he could look innocent enough to buy us time. I've seen him being able to play the part. Threaten him here and there and we would have a great distractor which also knows self defence. It would be like training a new born puppy."