Chapter 38

The voice was deep, harsh. It could cut through anything, and definitely George.

His head snapped to the source, being taken aback by who he saw in front of him. The same old alcohol reeking leader that had made his life a living hell for the past month.

His grip tightened around the blade.

"Must say I'm impressed... no casualties yet you still got here."

The only reason there were no casualties was because I'm not a monster like you he thought however his jaw remained clenched shut as his fingers manoeuvred slowly around the rope, seeing where Dreams skin wasn't in contact with it.

The male inched forward slowly, George becoming a lot more desperate as he tried to place the blade against the rope. However he was stopped by a sudden shove, his body falling backwards; hitting against the hard frame of the book shelf.

He groaned in pain before twisting to the side to avoid the sudden gun shot. Stumbling to his feet, he held onto the blade with dear life, the crazy leader standing in the centre of the room laughing like a maniac.

It would have probably been smarter to bring a gun with him. He could have just asked Sapnap to give him one, yet here he was, a knife against a gun.

He was so dead-

"You see 404, we live in a world far different from others. A world of crime... a world of no limitations." Another crazy chuckle escaped the others lips as the moved closer to George "You see... in our world, only the strong survive. There is no room for the weak."

George backed away, his back hitting the wall sooner than he had anticipated. "Although the two of us had lived in this world for a while... some people just can't understand that. They become weak"

"Your crazy..." George huffed out, Schlatt soon freezing in his spot.

"Crazy... Crazy?" He questioned, a maniac laugh slipping past as he ran his fingers through his thick hair "oh no my dear 404... I'm not crazy. I'm just speaching the truth."

He continued to inch forward, Dream twisting and turning under the ropes grip "Leave him alone! You wanted me right!? I broke your stupid fucking rule, fucking kill me! Just fucking do it!" He yelled out, George's heart dropping as he heard those words.

A small chuckle was heard from the male, Schlatt walking towards the fidgeting blonde before pulling out a blade of his own, pulling Dreams head up by his hair and pressing it to his exposed neck. The blonde had immediately stopped moving, body stiff from both the aching in his body and the blade against his neck.

"You see 404, when someone becomes weak, it's usually because of unwanted emotions. I can get rid of that for you..." the shiny blade pressed tightly against the tanned skin.

"You don't know what your saying..." George remarked unconfidently, his voice shaking. He had to think of something, something that would get them out safely.

But his mind was too fogged up for him to think of anything.

"Think about it 404... I can help you become great. You don't need him... he is stopping you. Think about all of those who had left you in the dust... those who had laughed at you, left you on the streets for nothing. You can show them who you are, you can make them all pay for the pains they put you through! Phil won't help you with that... neither will he." Dream gritted his teeth under Schlatts hold.

George stayed put, unsure of what to do. His parents... all those people that had tormented him before Phil found him. He was close to dead because of them all, left to rot on the streets at a young age. He had put that behind him...