Chapter 18

Goggles had made a lot of progress in a couple of days. It really surprised Dream at how fast he learned and improved, learning from his mistakes and copying Dream. It almost scared him. No wonder he was one of the best members from his organisation, though he was known for his hacking skills, not physical skills. However, he was a observer and fast learner.

"Right, one more time." He said as the two separated slightly, took the stance before launching at each other.

Dream had decided not to go too easy on him, guessing he would learn quicker that way. Although he did stick to that, he liked the way the others eyes shone with determination every once in a while when he almost knocked Dream down, most likely not knowing that it was because he was letting him do that.

Dream liked seeing the other happy in the bad situation he was in.

But overall, he was actually decent. Dream had managed to teach him the basics and even told him a few tips and tricks to make him better, the other eagerly listening and taking it all in.

It sort of reminded Dream of himself when he was younger.

It was rather funny.

George still went through the days of Schlatt walking in and 'taking things into his own hands' but after the incident he had gotten a lot harsher, the only positive being that it wasn't every day, the other having at least a day off. Dream had spoken to Schlatt that day, telling him to be patient with 404 and maybe they would be able to have some use of him. Schlatt had been sceptical but eventually agreed. It almost made Dream relieved though he didn't know for what reason. It made him question himself a lot.

He had also noticed how the brunette opened up to him slightly, looking at him as he ate, listening to Dream explain things. Looking as if he actually wanted to listen. He also spoke back to him more often, not remaining silent whenever Dream spoke to him. It felt kind of nice. He really seemed a lot nicer when he wasn't being stubborn.

Dream went for goggles feet, knowing how often he forgot to have a heavy stance when he was focused however that didn't work as the brunette noticed, moving out of the way and going for his instead. Dream let a grin plaster his face as he easily dodged, knocking goggles to the floor, triumphantly putting his leg lightly on top of the others chest.

"You did pretty decent this time." He teased

"Decent?" The other asked, a small grin also appearing on their face.

The male below him kicked Dreams unoccupied leg as hard as he possibly could, causing him to loose balance and fall flat on his ass. He had quickly come to a realisation when they started training, the goggles was actually fairy strong. Obviously not 'I go to the gym 4 times a day' sort of strong, but strong enough to give him an advantage in a fight. It was rather surprising judging by the fact that the other claimed to not work out, their only work out really being occasionally running during missions to watching some of his friends fight. They didn't go into much detail other than that, but Dream understood quite well the reason for that. It also surprised him since the other was much shorter and skinnier, pasty skin and seemingly no muscle. Dream would have never guessed that his kicks could be so powerful.

"Your too cocky for your own good."

That Dream couldn't really argue with. Sapnap constantly told him that, even when he was the one in the wrong. But he didn't care, being cocky has never ended badly for him.

That belief may eventually have a consequence.

"Alright alright," Dream put up his hands in self defeat "you win."

The brunette smiled slightly as he sat up, crossing his legs and taking off his glasses. He rarely did it, Dream hadn't gotten the chance to even ask him why he has those. Why he constantly wore them. He looked like an absolute dork in them sometimes.

"Why do you wear them by the way? A trade mark or something?" This quite clearly caught the other off guard as he looked across at him, his deep brown eyes locking with Dreams.

"They are quite special to me... that's all"  he simply answered while twisting them in his hand. "Why do you wear a mask?"

He had it coming-

It was a reasonable thing to ask, after all, Dream covered his face. Pretty much all the time. Almost like how the other wore those clout goggles constantly.

Huh... maybe they were similar in some ways.

"There are... a few reasons." He said blankly, the other folding the glasses.

"Like what?"

Was this guy serious? Out of all the times he has to push it, right now? Dream sighed as he continued "Its for work purposes obviously, but I don't really like the look of my face either ways."

He waited for more questions but the brunette just nodded in approval.

"I got mine from a close friend, my family even. It was a joke at first but then it just became a trade mark I suppose. I have a few pairs if I have to be honest..."

Dream snorted at that "really? Why?"

"My friend customised some of them for certain things. I rarely use the other ones." He explained himself, rolling eyes at the now wheezing Dream.

"Your honestly an idiot. It isn't even that funny."

"You have more than a trillion of pairs-"

"I have four" The Brit corrected, a rather unsatisfied look on his face"

"You have four pairs...all the same but a few customisations. Of course that's funny!" Dream finished, wheezing slightly.

"Whatever..." the other mumbled as they looked down at their goggles, twisting them in his hands. They seemed pretty solid, having hit the ground a few times yet not having any scratches. Whoever gave them to him really did think through what could happen to them.

"I'm thinking of asking Schlatt if I could move you closer to the training rooms. To get you out daily in order to train. It would help you a lot." He said suddenly, getting the others attention rather quickly.

"Wha- seriously? Would he even say yes? After all, what if I run away and escape. Wouldn't be great for him would it."

Dream just rolled his eyes, a wide smile on his face. He knew that wouldn't happen. He knew the other wouldn't be able to do that, not knowing the lay out and not being physically strong enough. Yet dream still had the doubt.

What if he could?

What if he was already planning something.

What if this was the others plan all along and Dream was just a mere pawn.

"Well that's why I have to ask obviously. Would probably give your skin some time to breath too." He said, gesturing towards the bruises on the others skin.

"Or maybe..." he began, putting on his goggles as he got up walking over to Dream, kneeling down in front of him, his face being close to the white mask, a small cocky grin on his face. "you could just let me go."

Dream sat there frozen for a moment before pushing goggles back onto the floor, his back flat on the floor and hands pinned to the side,"your really starting to get confident huh..."

The other laughed as they looked back at the masked male "it's worth a try though isn't it?"

Dream smiled as he let the other go, standing up and walking towards tho door. He looked back at the brunette which was now sitting crossed legged on the floor "see you soon."

"See you soon."

———————————————————————
•sorry if it's a bit of a boring chapter, I'll try to make my next chapter better :)
•remember that you are loved!
•thank you for reading "into you"!