Chapter 17

For the first time in a while it welt warm.

Not comfortable warm but just warm. Was it all just a terrible nightmare? Had he just had a horrible nightmare about being drugged, being kidnapped and beat. All of that wasn't real. It couldn't be. Not in the warmth he was in right now. He was probably in his bed, no... wasn't as comfortable as his bed. Maybe he just fell asleep on the sofa while watching some late night movies. Yes, that must have been it. And when he woke up, he would see in the mirror that Wilbur and Karl had drawn some silly drawings on his face while he was asleep, laughing at how stupid he looked when he woke up. He just hoped it wasn't in sharpie.

But as George turned, he soon realised that he wasn't in the comfort of his room, feeling the hard concrete beneath him, small stings in his arms and body.

Guess he wasn't going to be wiping sharpie off his face.

He sorta wished he did.

He opened his eyes with a flinch, scanning the room around him. To no surprise, he was in the exact same empty room where he had spent the past few days in. He didn't even know how long he had been, what were the others doing? Were they worried? Were they planning to get him out? Surely they wouldn't just leave him, they cared too much for him to do that right? They were all a family after all. Maybe Phil got mad at him and decided that if he decided this upon himself then they wouldn't help him?

Surely they didn't just leave him...

No... of course not.

But maybe...

George jumped when he heard moving next to him, turning his head slowly to see what caused it. He didn't know why he was so surprised to see the now familiar dirty blonde male laying against the wall, his head low and mask still on. What was he even doing here? George had gotten used to the other staring at him as he ate and walking into the room to bandage him up, it's not like he really had a choice, however he had never stayed in the room with George. He surely fell asleep by accident right? Why would he sleep in the same room though?

He could literally strangle him right now if he could... wouldn't that be funny, getting killed or at least knocked out by an enemy who is a lot weaker than you.

George knew that he wouldn't be able to do that though.

He reached his hand slowly towards the others mask, quickly retreating as they saw the other move his head to look at him.

The silence was deadly.

"Did you sleep alright?" The masked male asked, turning his head to the sides in order to stretch. He ready had been asleep.

"...sure..." he didn't know how to reply. In all honesty, he was sick and tired of this place. He just wanted to go home, go home to Philza and the others, go home to the comfort of his blue walls and computer. He would even listen to Phil and not go out alone until coast was clear. Even if that meant he had to be supervised for a year. He wouldn't care if Phil and the others would ignore him for a while or give him dirty work to do, anything just to get home.

He just wanted to go home.

"What happened yesterday? Your fists were bruised up. Never have been before."

Last night.

Oh god-

George had grown tired of the constant pain Schlatt kept bringing him, tired of the stinging feeling he woke up to every morning. He just wanted to make him stop, at least for a moment. He wanted to show him that he wasn't just a punch back for the alcoholic to use when he got angry.

So he did.

He started to punch him back.

That surely wasn't going to end well for George, he hadn't even started to realise that. Realistically, he meant nothing to them. All he was, was a sack of information. If they didn't get it from him, they would just kill him and find another way of getting information. He probably just increased his chances of getting killed by standing up for himself.