Chapter 22

"We should really get going" dream whispered as he looked down the long corridor. It was empty, no one to be seen or heard.

The brunette stood quietly behind him, him too looking down the corridor before slowly following Dream down it.

"You think this will really work?" He questioned, his voice quiet in order to not be heard.

Dream turned around for a moment to look at the shorter Brit "yeah of course. At least I think it should. I thought everything through." And with that he continued to walk down the corridor, they were so close to the exit. So close to freedom.

But then the other stopped.

"What are you doing? We are so close to the exit!" He whispered as he turned around seeing that the other had truly stopped in their tracks.

"I know Dream It's just... I don't feel like you actually care. About this whole situation. About me." Their voice was quiet as they spoke their minds, head kept low as they thought.

"What do you mean? Of course I care. Why do you think I'm helping you out?" Dream watched as the other walked towards him slowly before looking up at him.

"Could you do one thing for me then..?"

Dream looked down the corridor to make sure no one had clocked that 404 was gone. They really didn't have much time before someone could realise. Especially if he wasn't anywhere to be seen, though he knew Sapnap wouldn't be one to tell Schlatt about how 404 seamlessly is gone and so is he. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't hurry things up though.

"Anything."

Goggles deep brown eyes looked up at him, slowly reaching up towards his mask and round to the back where the clip was.

Normally Dream would push back, getting frustrated as to why the other was doing it however right now he didn't care. He trusted him.

He really did.

All you could head is a small click as the masks clip became undone, the mask falling off Dreams face and onto the floor with a soft clank.

The brunette looked into Dreams green eyes, taking in every feature. He looked rather fascinated to Dreams surprise.

"What? Not what you thought I would look?"He softly giggled as he watched the brown eyes male look at him before going in for a hug.

But that didn't last long as soon he felt a sharp pain in his gut, looking down to see that the other had pressed in a small knife into him, his clothes around the wound soon turning a dark red colour as he pushed the other away, leaning against the wall whilst looking down at the wound.

He needed to get help, he couldn't pull it out or he would bleed more. Who knows, maybe he even hit some internal organs.

That wouldn't be good.

He looked up as he began to hear a low cackle coming from the other which stood proudly in front of him, another pocket knife in his hand.

"You really thought I gave a shit huh... how funny. You always said I'm good Dream, but not as good as you. Guess that wasn't true after all..."

"What the hell..." Dream mumbled out as he tried to move down the corridor but stoped as he felt the pain get sharper, sliding down in order to sit down.

"How pathetic..." the Brit said as he kneeled down in front of him, lifting his chin up.

"I was just trying to help you..." Dream squinted as he looked into the brown eyes of the others. Just a moment ago they seemed so warm... so loving. Yet now all he saw was just a cold dark brown glaring back at him.