Chapter 20

"W-what..?"

George couldn't believe what the other was saying, surely it was just some sick joke. It couldn't have been a month.

"A month. You had been here for around a month. Did you not hear what I said?"

No way... it can't have been a month. No... how could it. The others would have helped him by now... maybe they did really give up on him.

No.

They couldn't have.

Could they?

He hasn't heard any commotion at all while he was locked up, and Dream often told him what was happening. Well...not everything obviously but a lot of it. How his friend choked on yogurt or how his other friend yelled 'language' when one of them swore. He would have known if something happened. Or maybe not? Why would the other tell him if someone was trying to get him out, it would only give him hope which the Manberg didn't want him to have.

George sat there frozen in place, not quite sure what to do. His team, they were all a family. They wouldn't let him just rot here, they wouldn't. He knew them. Wilbur would have at least tried... or Karl or Nikki... right? They would have tried to do something. Phil wouldn't just leave him either. He would listen to the others, especially his two sons. He found him after all, found him at his worst moment and brought him under his wings. He wouldn't just abandon him like that. George didn't even notice when Dream placed his hand on his shoulder.

"You alright? Helloooo? Anybody home?"

Shaking himself off, he looked down and nodded "yeah... I'm fine."

They definitely just left him. That's the only explanation that there was. None other. They didn't care or try. They decided it wasn't worth it. At least now they won't have anymore extra weight. Maybe he will even get replaced by someone better now that he is gone.

"You should get some rest. Get up, I'll take out the bed."

He did as he was told, watching the other behind to pull out the bed and make it. It was weird how it seemed that Dream cared, or that he was at least somewhat considerate. George didn't want to fall for it though. He had just realised the others didn't care for him, he was not going to join these people even if he was left to rot by his own team. He was smarter than that. All it meant was that he was just alone.

Once again alone in this cruel world of his.

If he did escape, what would he even do now? He had no place to go, no money, no clothes. All his stuff were at base. His clothes and books... his PC. Would he be able to return to get those things? Maybe Phil had already thrown them out. What would he do now...

"Why do you even care?" He asked, not realising that he said it out loud at first but in all honesty, he just wanted to know.

Dream turned his head around, looking at him "what do you mean?"

"Why are you trying. Like the whole training and getting me away from Schlatt so that he won't beat me anymore. Why. What are you doing it."

There was a slight pause as the other thought. He turned back around to continue what he was doing.

Did he not know why?

"It's the least I can do. It's better than letting you get beaten with no affect isn't it?"

He didn't even answer his question.

But George didn't have the energy or headspace to drag on the conversation. All he knew is that he had to take this opportunity. When there was a gap for him to take the run, he would take it. Even if he didn't know what were to happen after he escaped. He couldn't continue thinking that Dream would be nice to him and help him, nor could he expect Phil and the others to help him.