Chapter 24

George stared at the cables, looking at every one in great detail. Stupid colourblindness. They all looked so similar to each other. This was why he preferred looking at monitors; in code colour didn't matter. Well... most of the time. Yet right now his and Dream plus multiple other people's lives were in his hands.

IN THE HANDS OF A COLOURBLIND PERSON-

"Uhh... Sapnap, could you give a different description maybe? I don't know... by feel? Thickness?" He questioned, hearing Dream curse to himself in the background.

"What? Are you playing with me? We don't have the time Goggles, just cut the green, yellow and purple wire!"

"404..." Dream said as he smashed a cabinet open.

"I'm trying! Give me a second!" George focused on the cables, pulling them delicately towards each other to try and compare them. He could have sworn he knew which one was yellow and green but he had the chance of also cutting a different wire...

2 minutes remaining...

"404, nows not the time!" Dreams voice was gradually growing louder as George continued to struggle, taking a deep breath as he cut a wire.

Nothing changed so he guessed it must have been the yellow of green one. However he didn't know what other two to cut and time was quickly running out...

"404!"

"JUST CALL ME GEORGE GOD DAMIT-" he yelled before looking at the time that was on the box.

1 minute remaining...

"Fuck" he cursed as he looked around the room before down at the box again. He could hear Dream struggling to open something before hearing a loud clank and more items being pushed around.

30 seconds remaining...

George got up as he ran out of the room into the room that Dream was, seeing that the male was digging through some shelves before finally stopping and pulling out a small usb.

"Bingo!" He cheered as he turned around to see an anxious looking George, a timer counting down from 10 in the background.

They needed to get out of there.

But there was no time for that.

Instead Dream ran for George, pushing him away as he wrapped his arms around him as a shield as the timer hit 0...

There was a loud bang as George felt himself falling and hitting his back against the floor. He felt his back but not his head... did he hit his head really hard? Was he unconscious?

At first there was a loud ringing in his ear as he coughed, feeling some of the rubble move off him. He could have sworn that he heard Sapnap through the head piece yelling, asking if everything was alright, but quite frankly George couldn't focus on that to know for sure. All he could focus was on the loud ringing in his ear.

When the ringing began to die down he slowly opened his eyes to see Dream on top of him, rubble on his back and dust in his hair, head held low as he coughed. One of his hands was under Georges head.

"What the hell..." he began to grumble as he looked at George "I thought Sapnap told you what to do..."

"It's not my fault I'm colourblind!" George remarked before starting to sit up, continuing to cough as he shook the dust off him.