IV

╭──── ✩ ────╮
HOGSMEAD
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER FOUR

ALL MY EXCITEMENT FOR the day must've been the cause for my lack of sleep, as I now had prominent dark circles around my eyes and a horrid complexion— Those for sure would need some covering up before I even stepped a foot out of this dorm room.

Slowly, I pushed the duvet cover off of me, exposing my body to the sunlight that seeped in through the windows, and winced at the sudden cold. Swinging my legs over the side of the bed I felt, all of the exhaustion leave my body as the memory of what today would bring me came up.

The day I had been waiting for, for nearly four years. This was my chance to finally get out of this endless spiral of snagging random boys in a broom closet, and actually settle down.

I leaped from the bed, practically skipping over to my drawer where I filed through various clothes— looking around for my best outfit to wear, until a tap came to my shoulder.

Turning around I came face to face with Lily, her nightgown falling just below her thighs as she held a flowy white dress in her grip— the neck line was off the shoulder, while the arms casted down in a beautiful slight puff— it was beautiful.

"Here, I thought you should wear this.." she mumbled, pushing the dress out towards me, and I carefully picked it up from her arms, draping it in front of my body as I swished around in the mirror— admiring the way it looked around me.

There was no doubt I was going to wear this, it was way to beautiful to pass up. Like a little summer dress you could run through a Field of dandelions in— but in this case, it would be a little summer dress I was going to have my first real date in.

Pulling off my sleepwear I stared back at myself in the mirror. Looking at the way my bra fit in an awkward way, and my hips became shaped in an unnatural way— I took in my appearance, my imperfections, and all at once I felt a wave of insecurity wash over me. One I hadn't felt in so long I forgot it existed— Maybe having this chance of going out with a boy I've fancied for years wasn't such a good idea.

But without warning, Lily came up behind me, placing a gentle hand on my exposed shoulder. Her gorgeous freckled skin contrasting with my milky pale complexion; in an almost perfect way.

"You're gorgeous, there's no way a boy like him could ever pass up a girl like you." She praised, wrapping her arms around me from behind and pulling my body to hers in a friendly embrace— before pushing away, and taking my face into her hands, "I'm happy for you Onyx, I really am." She smiled, letting go so I could put on the dress.