XI

╭──── ✩ ────╮
SECRETS
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER ELEVEN

STANDING ON THE PLATFORM nine and three quarters, a wave of sadness washed over me at the realization that this may be my last time that I board this scarlet train; the last time I laugh with my best friends on my journey to Hogwarts.. all of it, would be my last time.

So with a heavy heart, and my hand linked with Sirius' we stepped onto the charcoal flooring of the train we learned to love. From its familiar whistle; to the scent of pumpkin pasties that lingered in the air. All of it. We took it all in.. because the next time we step foot into this train, our Hogwarts adventure will have ended. And we will be sentenced to adulthood.

"Scared?" Pads questioned from beside me.

"Only of your fan club," I confessed, "you know one time they tried to kidnap me? They're bloody crazy." I giggled, now walking hand in hand with him until we were in front of our famous Marauders compartment.

I slid the door open, hearing arguing coming from the other side.

"-There's no way! You're lying!" Lily shouted, motioning to the shiny new head-boy badge that was clipped to his robes.

"Oh boy.." I mumbled, earning a silent chuckle from Sirius.

"It's real! I swear on it!" James argued, shuffling in his pocket for the letter he received, before practically shoving it in Lily's face.

The girl quickly scanned over the letter, her eyes growing wide with shock at every words she examined, "This is.." she mumbled,

"Crazy I know, Dumbledore has finally lost that brilliant mind of his." I cut in, announcing my presence to the three.

Remus flashed me his innocent smile; James grinned at me maniacally, and Lily simply stared at me with the widest eyes she would muster. She looked as if they might Pop straight out of her head.

I looked around for Peter, unable to find him. It was kind of expected, due to his absence most of the summer too. Maybe he was sick? Or maybe he was tired of us?.. either way he was still our best friend.

"Hey have any of you seen Peter?" I questioned, motioning to where he was not sitting.

"Uh-" James, turned to look in that direction, "I saw him earlier talking with some Slytherin girl. Maybe he is just hanging out with her?" He offered, going back to his previous conversation with Lily.