XV

╭──── ✩ ────╮
CHRISTMAS
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHRISTMAS EVE AT HOGWARTS is mesmerizing, from the floating candles— to the giant tree located in the great hall. But by far the best part about it all was spending this time with my friends. Because no matter what, they are my family.

"Hey! Wanna see if I can throw these blood suckers and land them in a bunch of Slytherins hair?!" I announced, holding up said suckers. The four boys nodded, but Lily just sent me a scowl in return— ignoring her obvious disappointment I stuck the suckers into my mouth; making them sticky, before tossing them clean across the room— And watching all four of them land directly into different Slytherins hair, including the greasy git.

"Touchdown!" I shouted, maybe a little too loud, given nearly the whole Slytherin table turned to face me with looks of aggression. Making me cower beneath their gaze. Especially Severus, who was practically seething as he glared at me.

"The hell is a 'touchdown?'" Sirius asked, confused, I simply shrugged my shoulders, "Ask Lily." I stated before looking back up at the four ravenous students. Who were now standing up from their seats and heading my way.

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath, looking between my friends who each had a worried look across their face. I smiled reassuringly, before letting the cowardly expression rise to my features.

"..run Onyx." James mumbled, motioning towards the door with a shocked expression.

"What?-"

"I said fucking run!" He whispered, and without a second glance I was out the door, being chased down by nearly four Slytherins who were, obviously, not happy about my little stunt. Turning around, I quickly stuck my tongue out at them, before running out of the castle, and into the woods— where I hastily transfigured into my animagi form to get away.

Hidden behind the forest of trees. I could see their confused faces, wondering where exactly I could've gone, "she must've used a short cut, let's cut her off inside." One muttered, motioning for the rest of them to follow him. Which they did— leading to all four of them to start their track back into the large doors.

Keeping my eyes on them, and transfiguring— I darted back into the castle, and quickly stepped into the great hall with a smug grin on my face— causing all eyes to drift towards me.

They all had seen my little prank, along with the result. Which probably caused most of them to wonder why I wasn't limping in here with a bloody nose and a swollen eye.