XVIII

╭──── ✩ ────╮
ITS YOU
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

FOR THE PAST WEEK Sirius has made no effort to talk to me. None— and it was starting to become to much for me as I was dependent on him. He is my other half; how does one work without their partner? Without their lover? Or even just their best friend. This past week was excruciatingly painful, but the day was finally here. My last day at Hogwarts, my last day standing within these walls as a student with doe eyes and big dreams— and I wasn't sharing it with Sirius.

It felt wrong not to have him here, like we had always planned— to talk out of those school gates hand in hand, and be ready to take on whatever the world awaits. So figuring that wasn't going to happen, I wandered around the various corridors. The Portrait covered walls waving at me as I passed; the ghosts greeting me with much enthusiasm; and the sound of my shoes clicking against the cobblestone floor. It was all sending nostalgia through me; begging me not to leave this magical castle, telling me to go spend one last time in my dorm.

So I did, I sprinted to my dorm. Pushing past packing students— and hurried up the stairs until I came up to the familiar wooden door. Pushing it open, I could feel a sense of Deja Vu, that feeling of repeating something— and I was, I had opened this door everyday, the same way, for the past seven years...but this would be the last.

When the dormitory was revealed, it was foreign. No more clothes sprawled everywhere; no more potion viles littering any surface..the usual flower smell within the room, gone with cleaning. It was different, not my dorm, not the one I grew up in with my three favorite girls.

Sighing, I took a step into the room, and towards my bed. Where I spotted a satin red dress laying delicately on top of the flattened duvet cover. Why is there a dress on my bed? I thought, picking up the elegant fabric with my fingers. It was light, soft..beautiful and beside it was a note.

Where we started this journey, this Hogwarts home. When we came here with goofy smiles, and childish dreams, only to be surprised by the outcome of our fate.

P.s. put on the dress

Reading the note, I threw on the dress realizing it was a clue. So reading over the parchment. I thought back to our first day at Hogwarts. Where we were and when we were surprised the most. It could've been when I nearly fell out of the boat while paddling here, or when I nearly tripped Minnie. But something told me it had to be when the two of us were sorted into Gryffindor, a fate that neither of us expected.