XVII

╭──── ✩ ────╮
NEWTS
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

THE LAST WEEK OF seventh year was finally here, and along with it were the overwhelming end of the year exams. But for us seventh years; it was N.E.W.Tswe feared. Or otherwise known as,

Nastily

Exhausting

Wizarding

Tests

Or as I liked to call them, Fucking nerve rackers. Not only were the exams going to determine if we even graduate, but they also decided if we are able to qualify for jobs. Especially within the ministry. So I figured my name was exceptionally more correct than the one they gave.

And to make it worse, I hadn't seen any of my friends since yesterday. Which was stressful as it is. They were my motivation through it all; to pass these exams and finally live my adult life with my four closest friends— and Lily; who was now officially dating James potter.

But as I was walking to study hall, I noticed a familiar figure sitting in a darkened corner; and as I approached, the tears that stained his pale cheeks became more evident.

"Merlin Peter, are you ok?" I questioned worriedly, running up to him and wiping the sadness form his face.

"Yeah, fine." He stated, his voice cold.. almost heartless. Causing me to take a step back to fully let his new attitude sink in— but even then I didn't have enough time before he walked away. My eyes following his steady movement down the long corridor, until he disappeared behind a corner.

What the hell.

Shaking my head, I attempted to push Peters negative mood from my head— and leave room for the positive energy. Which I would be needing to pass these excruciatingly painful N.E.W.Ts

So with confidence in my walk, and a sway to my hips. I stepped into the Great hall, immediately spotting my Remus, James, Lily, and Sirius all discussing something that seemed.. well, very important. With no hesitation, I quickly made my way over,

"What if she says-" Sirius started, but his sentence was abruptly cut off when Remus pointed out my presence.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I interrupted something.." I mumbled, taking a seat beside Sirius, and warming myself with his radiating heat. But I couldn't push that sense of them not wanting me here out of my head. I mean they had obviously been talking about something that they didn't want me hearing..