|winter in wonder|

That was a lie it took me three months to get back on track.
I could walk with help from my brother half carrying me.

"It hasn't been snowing since four years". I smiled.
"It's beautiful isn't it? But still calm down I don't want you to break a bone now you can walk a little". He hooked his arms through mine walking home.

The aftermath of the storm was covered in a thick pack of snow and ice like it wanted to hid the pain of the city. A lot of houses had their doors blockaded with wooden shelves. To keep the water out.
In our neighborhood, people started to build three houses to live there because their house was half underwater.
Our house too.
"Our house...". My voice turned as I saw it all flooded.
"I evacuated all you books to the three house"
"All of them?".
"I know this storm should bring a lot of damage to the house so as fast as we started working on the tree houses I movies your books up there".
"Thank you thank you!". I jumped up and down forgetting about my weak legs for a moment.
"Calm down don't slip". He held me tightly.
I walked over to the treehouse.
"How do we go up?".
"From your window". He pointed at my room.
"Evar".
"Sorry there was no other way... But hey when you were younger you asked dad for a treehouse".
"He always said ask your dad". I smiled.
"I miss dad and dadi". I rested my head against his chest.
"I miss them too little sis... I miss them too". He ran his hand through my hair.

"Look out slowly don't look down look at me... Take my hand". Evar reached out his hand. Leading me into the warm treehouse.
"Wow, it's beautiful". I looked at the little living room.
"And here is your room". He opened the door behind him.
I walked in seeing a little window in the wood. Not as big as my wall height window but still a window.
"You made a window". I turned towards him smiling.
"Yeah, I know how much you love daylight".
"Thank you".
"What if you get settled and rest". He closed the door.

I looked around the room was beautiful a bed opposite a big book closet. With all my books. I took the hate i give from the shelf flooded down onto the bed reading it.

"Bloom". Evar nodded onto the door.
"Yes". I opened the door.
"There's a late Valentine's present for you". He handed me a beautiful black paper bag with a golden ribbon on it.
"From who is it?".
"Secret admire maybe". He heaved his shoulder.