|flames and smoke|

Flames and smoke billowed over the forest making everything has an orange glow, burning.
I watched her hugging her brother. Even in this situation, she looked stunning. Light brown hair beautiful grey eyes. The grey of clouds the grey of warm blankets. Her face was filled with scars faded from the hit of the thunderstorm. How we met.

It felt like year's ago

I closed my eyes swallowing the thick burning black smoke.
Shawn!" My sister stumbled over to be followed by my parents.

They're alive they're alive...

Aaliyah locked me to my back hugging my tears ran down her cheek.
"Hey, Aaliyah." I smiled kissing her forehead.
Mum hugged me too while dad shooter her hair back wrapping his other arm over Aaliyah reaching for my head too. For these last moments, we stayed like that until there was a loud bang then a tree toppled down to the ground.
"Shawn Aaliyah go." Dad urged us to move.
But...."
"No Aaliyah stay with your brother... I love you both." He looked at mum.
"I love you, my two beautiful babies." She smiled through her tears.
"See you soon... Both of you." I sign. Then craving aliens hand and ran.

The forest fell silent after the tree billowed down.
"Stop slow down." Aaliyah stopped standing work on her knees.
"Here sit down." I leaned her against a rock.
"So you and bloom hé."
"There never will be an us were all gonna die." I looked down at my hands.
"I'm happy you found your flower." She smiled squeezing my hand.
I nodded caressing her face softly. Dragging my thumb over her nose like I always did when she was younger.
"I love you."
"Love you too."
I watched my sister die slowly, every little light of her eyes faded until the flame was out. I closed her eyes laying her down on the ground kissing her forehead softly.
When I turned back to bloom and evar. he lay on the ground lifeless. His sister dropped over his chest crying her eyes out while coughing heavily almost choking.

No bloom!

I limped over to her. Wrapping my arms around her shoulder I could feel her heart beating through her back.
Her coughing became more frequent.
"Shawn?" Her voice was weak too weak for my liking.
"Yes, it's me... It's me." I smooth her tangled hair back whipping some ashes from her face.
The air was filled with screams from dying people were burning alive until there's nothing left of us.
"You're still here." She charmed her head too.
"Of course." I smiled a tear trickling down my cheek.
"Where is your family?" She turned to face me, the grey of her eyes lightened up from the fire.
"Dead." I felt too numb to grief about it for too long, there was no time.

I'll see them soon.

"It's okay we'll be together soon?"
"Good pray in whatever god you believe in." She smiled reaching her hand out for my cheek.
"I'm happy your alive." She voiced out.
"Barely." I tangled my hand with her hair.
"Was... Was it a good kiss?" She slowly closed her eyes.
"Yea, yes it was." I smiled kissing her cheek softly.
"I liked it too." She smiled her eyes met mine.
"How do you feel?" I pulled her closer.
"Already dead." She grabbed my hand.
"Yeah me too." I smiled squeezing her hand.
"You wanna look at the stars?" She nodded up at the sky where a million stars rose lighting up the darkness.
"I'd love to." I lay down on the shed ground holding her next to me.
We didn't talk both too weak.

What is there more to say?

The stars started to dance, my body wasn't burning anymore it was cold, the smoke and fire slowly faded away. I felt blooms hand in mine heavily.
I closed my eyes everything flooding away from me.
And then light.

The end