|soft whisperes |

With the blink of an eye, he was gone

Connor...

I took shawn's hand dragging him up.
"What the heck what that?" He whipped the dirt from his jeans but mushed out because of the rain.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, just a little dizzy."
"You're coming back inside." I hooked his arms with mine walking back.
"I don't wanna be a bother..."
"You're staying here tonight I won't let you drive home!" I opened the door.
Did he hurt you?" Ever launched himself at me.
"No he scared me but that's about it... Shawn is worse."
"I'm not worse just dizzy." Shawn leaned against me.
"He is worse." Evar's nodded at me, helping him upstairs.
I nodded to the bathroom, we set Shawn down on the tile floor.
"I'll leave you two." Evar walked back downstairs.
Shawn rubbed his head absently, smushing some blood from his wound.
"We might need to clean that." I took his wrist, stopping him from touching it.
I grabbed a towel dropping the blood off of his forehead.
He shrank in as I touched his wound.
"It's gonna be alright." I grabbed his hand squeezing it softly.
He started at me, not through me.
I don't know what I must have looked liked I've been douching mirrors ever since I came home from the hospital testified to what the lightning struck might have done to my face. I was still limping a little with my right leg and sometimes a beeb constantly overlook my hearing but that can all be fixed, damage on my face was unfixable and even if it was... it was doomed to make a mistake.

"What's wrong?" I held still.
"Nothing." He shook his head slightly.

My face that's what's wrong...

I looked down blinking slowly. Glancing at the mirror the shook hit me. My face has a birthmark all across the left side. The skin which wasn't darkened crumbled together making it look like my skin was burned. I wanted to cry I wanted to hide away and cry my eyes out. But Shawn was here there was no point in hiding anything he saw me. He saw this horalbe version of me and yet he didn't back away he didn't mention it.

Why?

Tears welled up in my eyes making me choke out a sob.
I hid my face in the blood-covered towel embarrassed about how I looked.

"Bloom."
"Don't."
"Bloom but your..." He was cutt off by the loud sound of breaking glass.