|the darkest shadow|

The darkness loomed over us swallowing the city.
"Shawn?" I spun around but couldn't find him.
"Shawn?!" My knees gave out sinking to the ground, voice begins to muffle.
The darkness pulled closer shallowing me into nothing more than a fog in the air taking my words with me.
"Shawn!"

I stirred waking up with a soft gasp.
"Are you okay." Shawn rubbed my shoulder.
I look at him still a little warry from my sleep.
"Just a bad dream." I rubbed my face.
"Wanna talk about it?"
I shook my head.
He nodded turning back to the window. Long land of forest pulled in front of us. The cold grey weather made it look grimmer.
The bus drives a little more into the forest until the trees stood so close rooted together so right against each other that there was no way it could pass through. It stopped with a hiss. The guard who sat on the last row of seats marched through the bus pulling people up dragging them outside.
Shawn took my hand stepping out into the musky forest. Gathering with the major crowd.
Shawn spun around trying to find somebody.
A soft gasp left his lips as he spotted something.
"Aaliyah."
"Aaliyah!" He let go of my hand pulling himself through the crowd to another bus where a girl walked out from.
Tall, kind cute face, long brown hair.

She's beautiful

Shawn hugged her lifting her off of the ground a little.
Two other people stepped out an older couple around the ages of my dad's.
Shawn hugged them too painting at me.
I was bumped in my shoulder by Willow.
"Who are these people?"
"His family I suppose." I tipped on my tiptoes as the crowd grew bigger.
"Glad he has family." Evar started in the distance.
"We do too." I squeezed his hand softly.
Nodding at the space between him willow and me.
"Yes yes, I suppose we do."
"And maybe him too... Soon." Willow nodded at Shawn grinning evilly.
"He isn't my boyfriend."
"She wishes he was though." Evar smiled.
I shot him a short look before glancing back at Shawn and his family.
"Evar that isn't really nice." Willow picked him.
"What I'm right."
"You don't know."
"Then explain the staring in the eyes of each other. Normal friends don't do that, that's something we do." He pulled her closer.
"Let them figure it out themselves."
"Can you two shut up?" Panic started to rise as the family near.

I'll meet his family...

"So mum dad Aaliyah these are blooming her brother Evar and his girlfriend?" He nodded at us.
"She's so pretty, what happened to her face?" Aaliyah smiled staring at me in awe.
Hit by lightning this girl is a survivor I tell you" Shawn smiled cheeks turning slightly pink.
"It's so nice to meet you dear I'm Karen." She took my hand shooting me a warm smile.
"Bloom."
"How old are you?"
"Mum." Shawn cut in on his mother.
"I'm eighteen." I smiled.
"Oh..."
"Yes I know I'm pretty tiny." I looked down at my hands playing with the cords of my backpack.
"No, it's cute you're the perfect height to cuddle with Shawn and for forehead kisses, it's too adorable." Aaliyah shifted from one foot to the other.
"Aaliyah." Shawn hissed.
"I agree with you sister." His father smiled.
"What?" Shawn's eyes widen in panic.
"You two seem pretty perfect."
Shawn let out a loud sigh.
"And you all watch too many romance dramas." He turned to me grabbing my hand.
I froze for a second as his fingers lingered together with mine.

"Okay, people be quiet... Be quiet!" A man stood into a fallen tree trunk yelling at the crowd which fell still from his powerful voice.
"We all brought you here to be safe in this bunker..." He pointed at a major metal building behind him.
"This bunker can fit all of us perfectly... We should need it."
"For what precisely?!" A voice rose from the crowd.
Shawn squeezed my hand absently pulling me closer I insult leaned into his touch longing for his warm chest.
"...For the darkest shadow."