|in the eye of the storm|

"Bloom come on wake up." I was dragged from my bed, bloodshot eyes wide open.

It burns... It burns so bad

The air was burning the view was wavery I didn't know if it was from my fever or the room was hot
People were running trying to batch the door open.
I scanned the room for familiar faces.
Aaliyah was in the arms of her parents who stared at the door hopelessly. Willow and firuza helped people off the ground while monty jay and evar helped with the door.

Shawn?! Where is he?!

"Shawn!" My voice came out as a soft squeal cut off a lack of air in my lungs I started to cough and gasp heavily.
"I'm here bloom I'm here." Shawn slides his hands under my head fingers brushing over my neck and hair. His touch was cold, but I assumed it was the fever.
"Oh no no no no open your eyes talk to me... Talk to me" he coupled my face in his hands it felt good secured protected.
"Don't slip away from me bloom!" His warm breath fell on my face.
It burned my lungs burned from the inside out.
I started to gasp for air rapidly. Fingers tighten on the fabric of his jacket.
"I...breath... Can't breathe...i... S.H.A.W.N." I struggled to talk.
"Calm down I'm here everything will be fine." He smoothes my hair back worried.
"Now take a deep breath beep slow breathes bloom... Nice and slow good... Good job." His eyes stared at the water from the burning warmth.
At that moment something heavy hinted.
"It's open!"
"Come on bloom." He pulled e up but I logged in again.
"Come on." He looped his arm behind my neck hooking the other under my knees. Hosting me closer to his chest lifting me in his arms. Pushing through the people through the halls.

Outside wasn't better flames and got air bellowed towards us. The first was burning. Everything was on fire everyone was clutched into a lump coughing and screaming.

We're gonna die

"I wonder if we will be okay in the end." My voice was barely bearable.
"Not sure." Shawn grabbed me tighter shifting my weight.
"Am I too heavy?"
"No no you're not." He looked at my eyes bloodshot and teary. Face covered on black ashes and little wounds which opened again after the fight with Connor. His lips busted open again blood oozing out, still, they were just as pink as I remembered.
I felt the life leaving me slipping into the darkness.
"I'm gonna die."
"No, you're not you hear me bloom you won't die in my arms not now!" Eyes filled with panic.
I swallowed the lump of ash down my throat, as Shawn collapsed to the ground.
"Sorry sorry I can't bloom I just can't..." He was pacing heavily tears ran down his jaw.
"We're gonna die Shawn."
"Hold on just... Hold on... A little more."
"I'm gonna die and I haven't even had my first kiss." The words were still feverish just a gamble of my unfiltered thoughts.
"I won't let that happen." He pulled my hair back leaned in closer and just like that everything disappeared, soft lips pressed against mine. I slipped my hands to his neck fingers finding the curls on the back of his head.
It was the eye of the storm in the middle of everything going wrong. There is something beautiful.

A sharp call dragged me back. I spun back starting at my brother looking for me. Shawn's hand was still on my face, Falling limp to his lap.
"Go I'll make it." He smiled.
I stumble over to him.
"Evar!" I fell in his arms hugging him with all the strength I had. His legs gave out collapsing to his knees.
"I'm so happy I got to see you still." He kissed my forehead.
"Bloom!" Monty ran over to me.
"Monty." I smiled reaching my arm out for him.
"I saw... You and Shawn... I'm happy you found your prince charming." He smiled sadly coughing heavily.
"Yes me too monty me too." I smiled.
He smiled collapsing to the ground, giving my hand one last squeeze. Before he went limp.