«6 - Contracts and Demons»

"Okay, everyone. I'll return your graded spellcraft exams and that will be it for today."

I sit down in my seat, on the left, farthest from the door. We had done three exams last week and we are getting our scores now. I already know I've aced it.

"The results of these tests are factored into what rank cursed gear you will be assigned. So look over what you did and try to fix your mistakes for next time." The female teacher advises.

She hands the tests around the classroom and when I receive, I can't help but grin widely.

"Wha...?" I hear Yuu mumble. I stand up and walk over to his desk.
"What's you get, Yuu~?" I ask.

He immediately hides his paper, making me smirk.
"What? Gonna hide your test from your wife~"
"N-no! I got... a great score...!" He stutters.

"Soo, you wouldn't mind if I just... take this?" I say, snatching the paper and looking at his score.
"H-hey! Give it back, (N/n)!" He yells, chasing me around.

I watch Shinoa smirk from behind him and take the test from me.
"Lemme see!"

She runs around with the paper as Yuu chases her now. We switch with who has the paper until finally, Yuu crashes into a wall. Although, that doesn't stop us.

"Oh my! Is this what I think it is? It is!" Shinoa starts.
"It's the legendary grade only those of the special tier can achieve! A legendary grade only a special select few can accomplish!!" I continue.

"Let's show it to everyone!" Shinoa suggests.
"Yes! We must let them know of this magnificent significant score that shall go down in history, dear Shinoa!" I struggle to hold in my laughter.

"Give it back!!" Yuu yells, tackling me to the ground to see I no longer have the test paper.

"Woah, what gives? He seriously got a zero."
"Really? Wow!"

Three classmates gather around, soon becoming six, then ten and so on.

"I think we broke Yuu, Shinoa. Ha... ha..." I nervously laugh.

"Wasn't the Moon Demon Company supposed to be the elite vampire extermination unit?"

Brains is everything. If you can't get the perfect score... you're dead meat.

No... this isn't that place anymore. It's different here. You need both brains and bronze. Although Yuu only has the bronze.

"Check it out! He wrote everything phonetically. He didn't use a single kanji character. How'd someone as dumb as him get in?"

"Don't look at that!!" Yuu yells, snatching the paper and glaring at Shinoa and I.

"Jerks! Quit trying to bully me like that! I'd never expect this from you, (N/n)..." Yuu sulks.
"Goodness, me a 'bully'?"

"Yuu, you just broke your dear wife's heart. Whatever shall I do." I cry, holding in the laughter.
"I take it back, this is totally expected."

"I was just trying to make you popular. After all, you're so unapproachable." Shinoa defends her actions.
"I never asked for your 'help'!! Besides, I don't need friends to kill vampires!" Yuu yells.

That again? If Guren doesn't sucker punch him right now, I personally will.

"Again with that. People who aren't team players won't accomplish much in the army. Plus, you'll make your precious wife cry." Shinoa smirks.