«17 - Nightmare Interview»

"I'm Kureto Hiragi. Lieutenant General of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. Now then, let's begin the interview's test... to see who you are... and if you're worthy of being trusted."

I have a bad feeling about this... He shouldn't be leading loyal people...

"Aoi... Take the girl to a separate room. They may be conspiring." Kureto orders as a blonde lady steps forward and offers a hand.

From what I know, her name is Aoi Sangu from the Sangu branch family, working directly under the Hiragi.

She wears a standard uniform of the JIDA with red rather than lime and has her medium-length, blonde hair tied in a ponytail with a blue ribbon on the side of her hair, leaving her bangs to cover her forehead.

I take her hand and she leads me to a white room with lots of space.

I walk in as she stands at the doorway.

'Look behind you, dumbass.'
'Yeah, I know, Hikari. She's going to attack me.'

As I thought, Aoi raises her sword and says,
"I'd like to test your swordsmanship, personally. Please do not use your curse, Gracefield."

She seems to respect me.

"I assume Yuu is being tested by Lieutenant General Hiragi?" I ask to confirm my suspicions.
"Yes." She replies, briefly.

I raise one Katana and activate my curse, allowing black smoke to create a cyclone around me as she activates her own curse.

In a split moment, our swords cross, ending in a stalemate.

"Haha, you're all very predictable."
"You didn't follow the order. I'll see what Lieutenant General has to say."

She leads me out of the room and the scene shows Yuu about to attack Kureto from behind. I smirk at his tenacious nature.

With surprise, Aoi blocks Yuu's attack however, she breaks a sweat at Yuu's strength.

"Ngh...! H-he's strong...!" She grits.
"You do realise... that if your friend hadn't jumped in the way, you'd be dead right now." Yuu grins, backing off.

Kureto glares down at him.
"What? Are you mad that I attacked you from behind? Gonna say it 'wasn't fair'?"

"Hahaha. You're a spunky one. I retract what I said. You are definitely Guren's subordinate." Kureto laughs.

"Nice, Yuu." I grin, giving him a high five.

"So, how did that one fare?" Kureto asks Aoi.
"She used her curse and we ended in a stalemate." She reports, earning a surprised face from a hidden man in the back.

His name is... Shinya Hiragi, the adopted son of the Hiragi family and profound of a similar status to Guren.

Shinya is a tall man with medium-length white hair with bangs and sky blue eyes.

He is wearing a standard JIDA uniform, but is slightly decorated to show his rank as a major general, with golden threads worn on the right shoulder and four badges. Below that is a gold badge with the Hiragi crest. He also wears an armband, and a white belt with a gold waist-plate, and black shoes instead of the knee-high boots.

"You. I want to see your fighting style. Shinya, test her." Kureto commands, making me grit my teeth.

"Do I have to? I don't like picking on powerless kids like you do." Shinya sighs, looking down on Yuu and I.

"Silence. It's the younger brother's duty to listen to the older brother."

"But we aren't really brothers, you know. The Hiragi family adopted me."