«24 - Battle Preparation»

Tomei Expressway - Between Tokyo And Nagoya

The car rides through the light breeze on the highway as we make our way to the rendezvous point in Nagoya.

"Man, the sky is so blue." Yuu gazes, sitting next to Saltymizuki in the driver's seat, while he sits in the seat beside it.

I sit in the back, behind Yoichi, Blondie, and Shinoa.

"On a day as beautiful as this, it's hard to believe the whole world's destroyed." Yuu says, looking at the sky.

"Ahaha! I'm surprised you can say that. The world was in ruins yesterday and the day before... in fact, for the last eight years... it has been crumbling into decay." Shinoa laughs.

"Yeah, but it's still hard to believe. Especially while we're driving. I mean, this road goes to the Hakone Hot Spring, right?" I say, remembering a map from a decade ago.

"Isn't that right, Kimizuki?" Shinoa asks.
"Huh? Don't ask me, I didn't grow up in Tokyo." He replies.

"If you're gonna drive, you should at least know that much!" Yuu complains.
"Fine, you drive!"
"Ooh, can I?!"

"I'd rather live to see another day." I say.
"(N/n)! You're so mean! It's not like you can drive any better."

"You distracted me the first time, idiot." I stick my tongue out at him.

"Ahah, oh, I see a horsemen ahead." Yoichi says, getting us concentrated once again.

"Should I take it out? I can probably dodge it." Saltymizuki asks.
"No sudden braking or turning. Army vehicles are too valuable to wreck." Blondie scolds.

"Then..." Saltymizuki trails off.
"Allow me!" Yoichi volunteers.

"Oh no you don't. I'm gonna kill it. It's not like I've got anything better to do, since Kimizuki won't let me drive." Yuu declares, readying his cursed gear.

I face palm, knowing what will happen next.

"Come back quickly. I'm not slowing down." Saltymizuki says, not caring about a thing.
"No problem! Let's go, Asuramaru!"

With a single slice, the Horsemen is dead and Yuu smirks, about to renter the vehicle.

"Hey, Shinoa..." I whisper something to her, watching her giggle at the idea.

"Kimizuki, there's an enemy approaching! Swerve right! Hurry!!" Shinoa stresses after Yuu jumps into the air, ready to land in the car.

However, we swerve to the right, as Shinoa demands, and Yuu completely misses the landing, ending up stranded on the road.

"Huh?! Enemy?! Where?!"
"He fell for it, oh my god!" I laugh.

"What?! What did you do, (N/n)?! Get baaaack!!"
"Now floor it, Kimizuki!" Blondie cheers.
"Bye bye! See you at the Ebina Rest Stop in 20km!" Shinoa smiles devilishly.

"Whaaat?! You've gotta be kidding me! They can't be serious!! Who pulls that kind of prank out here?! Do I really have to walk 20km?! Like Hell!!" I hear Yuu cry as we drive away as fast as possible.

"So when are we going back for him?" I ask.
"I don't wannaaaa!" Shinoa says, acting like she's drunk.

"Yeah, so ten minutes?"
"No!"

Ten Minutes Later

"Yuu, we're back~!" I smile, as we approach him in the vehicle.