«20 - Taming a Demon»

•Third Person•

Everyone sits around the fire, under the night sky as the crescent moon slowly passes over.

"Hm... It's a chilly night to be sleeping out. Yet somehow, (N/n) is doing just that."

Shinoa looks to (Y/n) as she peacefully sleeps on Yoichi's shoulder with Mitsuba's coat wrapped around her. Light snores leaving her mouth.

"Will Yuuichiro catch a cold, lying there like that?" Yoichi asks.

"Maybe we should've brought blankets." Mitsuba sighs.

"Oh! How about I run back to the city and get some?" Yoichi suggests, but before anyone can reply...

Whoosh.

Kimizuki throws his jacket onto Yuu to keep the cold from reaching him.

Everyone turns to him with a look of surprise.
"...What're you looking at?" He asks, nervously.

"All I have to do to get warm is sit closer to the fire. But if this dunce catches a cold, he'll lag behind in training which will delay my training." Kimizuki explains.

"I wasn't going to say anything, actually." Shinoa says.

"Uh, you weren't?"
"No."
"Oh. Good."

Kimizuki sits awkwardly by the fire with his hands being warmed by the warm flames.

As Shinoa watches, she gets an idea. Whether it's a good idea or not is something no one will know.

Meanwhile, Yoichi taps (Y/n), waking her up.

"Hm? What is it? Are we done here?" She asks, giving out a small yawn.

"No, but I don't think you want to miss this." Yoichi giggles.

•(Y/n)'s POV

As Yoichi giggles, I look over to everyone else to see Saltymizki grumbling, Shinoa with a small smirk, Yuu still dealing with Asuramaru and Blondie sitting across from Saltymizuki.

Soon, Shinoa holds Blondie with a serious look on her face.

"Wah!" Blondie gasps from the sudden contact, "What're you doing?"

"Are you cold. Here, wear my jacket." Shinoa beams.

I mentally face palm and continue to watch this play out.

"Psst! You play Yuuichiro." Shinoa whispers.
"Huh? Wait... Oh!" Blondie finally understands what Shinoa is trying to do, but...

There's no way she'd go with it... right? Nope. No way a stickler for rules would really go along with something so fun.

"Omigosh, Kimizuki, that was so nice of you. Like really, super, super nice! You're the nicest nice guy to ever be nice to me!" She acts out.

Huh? Since when did aliens exist? That can't be Blondie, hahaha.

"Heh. Aren't I just amazing?" Shinoa says.

Barely able to keep my laughter in, I add something to the conversation.

"You shouldn't read too much into it. You're that nice to everyone, are you?"

"No, Yuu! You're the only one I'm this nice to because you're the only one I love!" Shinoa declares, going along with it.

"R-Really?" I stutter, playing around.

Shinoa and Blondie jump at each other and call,
"Yuu!"
"Kimizuki!"