«7 - Hikari»

(A/N: The artwork at the top was drawn by yours truly, author! I suck at drawing hands though ;-;)

It's dark... Where am I? Oh, that's right, I need to make a contract. Where's the demon?

"(Y/n)..." A voice whispers in the darkness.
"What...? Whose... voice is that...?"

"You left us. You broke our promise."
"Who... are you...?"

"You said you'd find me in the Human World, but here you are leisurely going to school and finding a new family. Do you not care about us...?"

"Emma...? Why do I... why do I know your name...?"
"You forgot about us."

"Is this the what you demons can do? Emma would never say such a thing, so I suggest not impersonating one of my dear comrades. Come out."

"Yo! You called?" A voice calls out.
"Hey, where are you? Aren't you going to show yourself? It's rude to not introduce yourself to your future partner in crime." I smirk, walking around.

"You have a high resistance to me. That makes this boring. I can't do anything more than these dumb voices... Like the Emma simp." He says in Norman's voice. 

"Can you not impersonate my family? It's a mean thing to do." I laugh, fakely.

"Hmm, I think not. I did help you get your memories back, after all." He talks in Ray's voice.

"Remember the goal... can't kill him or I can't get a cursed gear." I mumble to myself.

"So... what do you want? All humans want something. What is it that you want?"

"I came here not to take your power, but to share it. Let's be friends!" I smile, holding out a hand to the empty space.

Black smoke swirls around me, soon forming a human-like figure. When the smoke disappears, it reveals a slim, purple-haired guy with sharp, red eyes, and a wide grin, showing off his sharp fangs. His pale skin stands out as almost white in the dark atmosphere.

"Friends? Now why would I ever agree to such a silly thing?"

"You'd be able to feed off my desires, be more free when it comes to power and if your ability calls for it, manifest in the real world."

"That sounds nice and all, but there's no reason for you to give me freedom. It's like giving me the ability to take over your body."

"A friend wouldn't do that. You've seen my memories, so you should know why I'm doing this. I want Emma to be proud of me when I see her again!"

"You mean when you leave Yuu, Shinoa, Kimizuki, Guren, Yoichi and everyone else? You're going to have to choose between them. Until then, I'll be waiting with you."

"Does that mean...!"

"Yeah, you've succeeded in contracting a demon. Welcome to my world."

"I'm glad you decided to cave in."
"You don't have to phrase it like that. Anyway, you never introduced yourself properly, not that you would need to... (Y/n) Gracefield. I'm Hikari. Nice to meet you, friend." He introduces himself and shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Hikari! Let's do our best to complete our goals!" I smile.

"I've been looking for 2000 years, for a human like you... a kind human..." He gives me a closed-eye smile.

"...Since we're friends now, I should tell you... you're not what you think you are... Little Vampire."

Vampire...? Is this... a joke...?