«30 - I'm On My Way»

(A/N: This is a cringe chapter and yes, it is that one scene that everyone simps for Mika on. It is very weird and out of my comfort zone, so forgive me!)

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"I have questions for you." He asks in a monotone, yet gentle tone.

I'm jerked back to reality when I hear,
"Ooh! This one's mine!"

One of my squad is grabbed by a violet-haired vampire who is thirsting for a taste.

I have to make the call...

"Everyone, do it!! Do it before they make you talk!"

They bite down before collapsing to the ground for a permanent sleep.

"Dwuh? What the heck? What's wrong with it?" One of those vampires asks, cluelessly.

I'm about to bite down when the vampire grabbing me notices and shoves his hand into my mouth.

"Ugh!" He throws me to the ground,
"You had a poison pill in your mouth. What terrifying loyalty. An inclination vampires don't have."

He takes his hand away and the pill with it,
"But you won't be dying for yours. I have questions for you." He continues.

"Damn it! Torture me all you want, but you won't get anything!" I claim, gritting my teeth.

"Shut up. Or the others will hear that you're still alive."

I'm caught off guard. Sweat rolls down my face as I await the questions.

"Okay, okay, dead. Speak in a whisper. Do that and I'll let you escape."
"Why let me live?"

"Because you don't interest me. No one does, human or vampire."
"...I don't believe that."

Will he really let me live? Never. He's a vampire, our sworn enemy.

"I don't care. Just answer my questions. I'm looking for someone. A human who should be in your little army."

Who? Who is it? I can't let him find them!

"He's a boy from the Hyakuya Orphanage... who goes by the name 'Yuichiro'. Have you heard of him?"

Yuichiro? The rookie that Makoto mentioned?

"That look says you have. Well, you've probably heard of (Y/n) Gracefield, as well."

The one who took charge of the charge into Nagoya City Hall...

My mouth slightly opens, hearing the names of the rookies being said by a vampire.

Shoot! I reacted...!

"I-I do no-" Before I can finish, he covers my mouth and with a terrifying look,
"Tell me everything. Now."

The other two vampires walk over, asking,
"Yo, Mika! What's up?"

"N-no... I won't sell out my friends..." I whisper.
"Friends? Yu and (N/n) have friends, but they aren't you humans."

Yu... This vampire named Mika just called our rookie Yu.

"Mika?" The vampire calls out again.
"...This human is dead too. It killed itself."

He really told them that?!

"Seriously? Geez! Why die? Were these humans particularly stupid or something?" The violet-haired one scoffs.