«9 - Despicable Humans»

"(Y/n)... I'm counting on you!"

My eyes shoot open.

Emma... I let you down... I'm so sorry...

"You okay, (N/n)?" Yuu asks, sitting across from me, drying off his soaking hair. I smile and look into his green eyes,
"Just a bad dream. Don't worry."

I sit up and look around. Everyone, including myself, are wearing casual clothing as they finish drying off from their showers.

It's then, that we hear a scream from the girl's shower area,
"N-no... Wait a second! No way! Kyaaaahh!!"

"Girls take such long showers... What the hell are they doing?" Yuu questions, wrapping the towel around his neck as Yoichi laughs at the question.

"We question life. Who thought of giving someone rubber filled with their breath for their birthday? Didn't the brain name itself and have the capacity to recognise other organs?" I grin as Yuu slowly backs away.

"There is one thing I would like to ask you. Are you okay with that?" I hear Kimizuki ask and when I look over, he's offering milk to the girl and trying to get information out of her.

She nods and stays quiet, getting Yuu's attention,
"But you don't have to answer if you don't want to..."

"It's ok. It will be my way of thanking you for saving me..." The girl says as... a tear falls down her face...?

This girl... is mixed up in something... If she really did come from the hideout for the vampires in Harajuku, it could be a setup...

"Live a happy and healthy life. That is the best way to show your gratitude." Yuu says to the girl.

The door slams as Mitsuba and Shinoa come out of the showers in a shirt and shorts, plus a towel to dry their hair and face.

Shinoa is smiling, cheekily as Mitsuba looks mad. Even a moron would be able to tell Shinoa got up to mischief and as a result, Mitsuba squealed.

Blondie looks up at Yuu and I, but quickly kisses her teeth and turns away.

"Listen up, then. It's about the hideout where those vampires were keeping you prisoners." Kimizuki says before she begins to tell us everything.

I doubt it's the truth...

Omotesando Subway Station

We arrive at the station entrance after coming up with a plan.

"According to the girl that we rescued, vampires are hiding in the old Omotesando subway station, 1km away from Harajuku. They keep... cattle there as well." I say, standing by Shinoa.

"There are seven vampires, meaning we're outnumbered. We'll give a surprise attack in the morning when they're asleep." Shinoa finishes.

Kimizuki raises his hand as I nod for him to speak,
"What about the civilians that were captured? What if they use them as hostages?"

"I don't care about hostages. Our enemies have numbers on their side. We'll have our hands full taking care of ourselves. We can't afford to worry about them, too." Blondie states, coldly.

Anger builds up inside me, but... she's right.

If that girl really is in a troublesome situation where we were given false information... we can't afford to think about others... Not like that'll stop me anyway.