«27 - Nagoya»

A/N: I feel I need to apologise because I've just been so busy and completely forgot to update 😅. Anyway, here is the chapter with my apology!

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Nagoya/Vampire Noble Lucan Wesker's Ward
Yuu's POV

I warm up for the fight against the nobles, jumping up and down to get in some mobility before the mission.

"How much longer do we have to wait?" I ask Shinoa, who checks her watch.

"There's about ten minutes remaining... until the start of the vampire noble extermination mission." Shinoa informs, although all I hear is,
"Ten minutes, huh? Everybody ready?"

"What's the matter? The mission will start anyway. Just look... we're in the middle of enemy territory."

"So who's the blood sucker we're killing, again? I forgot his name. It's something like Rupaul Rupalooloo, right?" I assume.
"The hell? No." Kimizuki replies, confused.

I hear Narumi Makoto sigh.

"You guys are awful. Five minutes until the mission-go and you're still screwing around?"

Screwing around? Hmph, what does he know anyway?

"Our target is Lucal Wesker. He's a fifteenth progenitor. Read the mission briefing next time, children." He tells us.
"Yeah, That was it! Thanks, Narumi!" I thank.

"And what's with that causal tone of address? I'm older than you."
"Uh, well..."

"And I'm your superior. Sergeant Shinoa Hiragi, just what kind of training does this kid have? Lt. Colonel Ichinose's gotta be pissed of at him nonstop."

Like (N/n) says, it's a unique trait.

"Erm... I'm sorry." Shinoa apologises.
"A 'Sorry' won't cut it! Make him apologise himself!" Taro Kagiyama scoffs.

"What good does an apology do us, anyway? Sergeant Narumi, I'm not letting these children watch my back." Rika Inoue says.

I'll still watch your back, though...

Yayoi Endo tries to calm the situation to stop a fight from breaking outbefore the mission starts.

"It's almost go-time. This is bad." Mitsuba sighs.
"Dumbass. Go say you're sorry." Kimizuki hits me on the head.

I step forward to apologise, under his 'advice'.

"So, uh... Yeah, I'm sor-"

"Um. As squad leader..." Shinoa interrupts my heartfelt apology.

Narumi pats Shinoa's shoulder,
"You don't need to apologise. I'm just saying that even brats need to do the necessary requirements of the job. We're all in this together. My companions trusted me enough to come this far. I don't want to lose them."

I glare at Narumi, having heard his thoughts.

He only glares back,
"What? Looking for a fight?"
"Nah, I feel the same way as you do. I don't wanna lose friends either." I say, although it's not enough to satisfy him.

"Those words aren't enough."
"I mean it. I'm sick of losing my friends and family. Just thinking about it scares me. So I don't want to let anybody die here. If you guys are supposed to be our teammates on this mission... then I don't want any of you to die either."