«21 - Intentions»

(I ran out of fanarts, so take this completely unrelated lyric video by one of my favourite artists)

Empty. Where is he?

"Hikari? Where are you? Let's get this over with, so I can-"

A blade of smoke races towards me, but before it reaches me, it dissipates.

I hear a loud thud from the distance.

Worry begins to circulate as I step closer to who I assume to be Hikari who threw the attack.

I see a chained Hikari laying on the ground with a frustrated smirk on his face.

"God damn. This curse really sucks. I thought I could bend the rules, but that promise did nothing." He sighs.

"Hikari, what the hell do you think you're doing. Didn't you promise to be my friend?" I ask, bending down to meet his eyes.

"Friends? Hahaha! Please, I'd never befriend a human as naive as you. I guess Emma rubbed off too much on you."

I try to grab him, but, as if a force has taken ahold of me, my fist doesn't go any further.

"This is the curse you were talking about... Let me ask you just so I can confirm with my own ears, you've been faking everything this entire time. Our conversations, your smile... our friendship...?"

My insides feel as though they're churning as I await his answer.

"You already know what the answer is, (Y/n)."
"I want to hear it from you."

"Why? Because you still believe in me? I'm a demon!"
"So what if you're a demon?! I'd rather trust someone than assume they're a monster!!" I yell out.

"Well, I am a monster! Just accept it! If I answer your question, will it be enough to break you?"

"...Answer it and find out..."

"Then yes." His lips twist into a cursed grin, "Yes, yes, yes! I hated every moment of it! I hate you and your naive personality. Go back to how you were in your old world. That you would be so much more fun."

Everything inside me snaps.

The person who understands everything about me is my enemy? The one I turn to when I'm in trouble. The one who can help me get back.

"Well, I have my answer, so give me power

"Well, I have my answer, so give me power."

"Are you that angry? Good, I can feed off of that. Just like I did with your blood. It truly is something special."

"Tch. I said give me power. I won't hesitate anymore."
"Fine, haha. Since these chains will bind me until I finish explaining every detail."

"What are these chains anyway? Is it designed to keep you under control?" I ask, touching them.