«13 - An Impossible Reunion»

"No..."
"Y... Yuu?"
"Mika... Yuu... Stop..."

"Yuu, what are you doing?! Run that vampire through with your cursed gear!" Guren yells as I run over to stop Mika from killing him.

Mika tries to pull the sword out, but thankfully, Guren had prepared a curse to keep Mika from doing so. If Mike pulls it out, Guren could bleed to death.

"Haha! I win, vampire!" Guren grins.
"Guren!! Don't kill him! If you even try... I'll put you down myself." I glare, but Guren glares back.

"I'm disappointed..." He turns to as he releases his sword and jumps back to a safe distance.

Suddenly, a violet-haired vampire jumps into the scene, as I immediately recognise him.

"That's...!"
"Ferid... I can finally... kill you...!"

Guren slaps Yuu and I as soon as I get into a close proximity.

"What the hell were you doing?! Why didn't you kill it when you had the chance, Yuu?!" Guren shouts.
"Huh? I... Um..." Yuu stutters, but Guren bends over, coughing out a lot of blood.

"Oi! Guren!" I hold him by the shoulder as Yuu asks if he's okay. Guren pushes me away and glares.

"Don't worry about me, you little fool! This is a battlefield! Stay alert!" He scolds.

"Hey, idiot! What were you thinking?!" Kimizuki yells as our squad approaches.

Do we tell them...? Crap... This is the worst situation to be in right now...!

"Yeah! You could have killed the vampire! Why didn't you activate your curse and destroy it?!"

"You should've killed that vampire if Yuu couldn't, smartass!"
"Yuuichiro... (Y/n)... Is something wrong?"

"T-that's-"
"That's Mika." Yuu says.
"What?"

"Mika's our family... He's with the vampires!" I finish, grabbing my head.

Everyone looks at us shocked and as I look to Mika, my anger boils to see him standing by Ferid.

"Aha! That's was Yuuichiro Hyakuya and (Y/n) Gracefield, wasn't it? What a touching reunion. I'm so moved I could almost cry! So what will you do now, Mika? It seems obvious to me... That little Yuu and (N/n) are being used by those humans." I overhear.

I'll kill him. I'll kill him. I'll kill him. I'll kill him!

"They're humans too, you know. A human could never be one of us. Oh, but I know! As Krul did to you... I could do for them. Make them vam-"

Mika grabs Ferid by the throat as I smirk although it fades as I see he murderous look on Mika's face.

"Lay one hand on them... and I'll kill you."

You've changed, Mika...

Everyone surrounds Yuu and I as Mika watches with a glaring eye.

Yuu turns to Mika and opens his mouth, but nothing comes out. He grits his teeth before yelling,
"Hey!! Is that you, Mika?!"

"God damn... haha, my head can't take this..." I mumble, "Mika...!! It's really you, right? Please..."
"Y-Yuu... (N/n)..."

I tune out Mika and Ferid conversation to clear my head, but I regret it as Ferid takes his sword out of its holder.